Eaglenest Bed and Breakfast
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsjim and juliespring roomwood burning fireplacehome away from homeb bbed and breakfastlove dogsprivate patiooatmeal pancakesattentive hostspantry roomparfaitcommon areasfeel like familyold friendsin townwonderful birthday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were taken back by the beauty and charm of Eaglenest! Our stay was so relaxing! We really appreciated all of the little extras such as the candy and treats set out everywhere, the amazingly comfortable beds, and even the thick towels! The hot tub in the rain was spectacular and the views from the balcony in the morning were breath taking! I would highly recommend the full body massages in your room--totally worth every penny! The owners, Jim and Julie, were so friendly and welcoming, and the gorgeous retrievers were so fun and cuddley! We will definitely be back and have recommended Eaglenest to our friends! Posted some pictures on Facebook, and I already have people telling me that they are going to book a stay!

Room Tip: The Spring room is the best! Private and seperated from the other rooms--the only one on the second floor, and it's the biggest!
3  Thank AleciaAshcraft
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at Eaglenest B&B in Julian. Jim and Julie were very welcoming and we felt right at home. Eaglenest is located right in town so we could walk all around the town of Julian quite comfortably. We ate at the Julian Grille, nothing special but it was nice to walk to dinner. When we visit again we will try Jeremy's on the Hill, as it looks like a better place to eat. The room was quiet and comfy, we stayed in the Autumn room. Next time we will stay in the Spring room, as it is a two room suite with lots of windows. In the morning we were served a delicious breakfast. Last, but certainly not least in the morning we were greeted my Will and Grace, the beautiful golden retrievers who are the inn's ambassadors, priceless.

4  Thank MegBSanDiego
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I have never stayed at a B&B so we did not know what to expect. As a TV producer I am used to staying at high end hotels and wasn't sure a B&B would offer the luxury feel we are accustom to. To our pleasant surprise Eaglenest was an amazing getaway. The owners, Jim and Julie, were the most welcoming and accommodating hosts imaginable. I would trade staying at any high end L.A. hotel for Eaglenest any day. The home cooked breakfasts were better than restaurant meals and the Spring Room suite we stayed in was as comfortable as our home. Our hosts went above and beyond to make our stay relaxing and fun, booking private massages, an evening of star gazing and a horse drawn carriage ride for a romantic anniversary trip to Julian. Absolutely a very memorable and enjoyable trip. Don't miss this gem of a hideaway in Southern CA.

3  Thank Multiple S
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Eaglenest and wish it could have been longer. Jim and Julie are amazing inn keepers and did everything they could to make us feel at home. We really enjoyed the company of Luke, Will and Grace as well. We were able to get our "doggie fix" while on vacation, in fact my husband was wanting to see more of them! The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful and Jim made sure there were "diabetic friendly" options for my husband as well. The last night we had the whole house to ourselves and had a wonderful time sitting upstairs by the fire playing board games and indulging in the wonderful snacks provided all through the house. We look forward to returning with family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Autumn room which had it's own entrance and private patio which were awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie W
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The host are great, welcome you as family. The home is wonderful (we stayed in the Spring Room) was warm and felt like home. Breakfast was outstanding, Jim is a great cook. If your looking for a place to staty look no further!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple