“Better than I expected”

Soups and Such Cafe
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Julian
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Julian's only cafe and full service flower shop in one. The menu features a full line of homemade soups, fresh sandwiches and salads at lunch. Breakfast is served Thursday - Sunday only from 8am-11am with Classic Eggs Benedict and Organic Apple Pancakes as specialites. The only cafe in town that serves fresh french press coffee and homemade desserts.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch while in Julian. There weren't many people in the cafe like some of the other restaurants we passed by. After we placed our order, we waited for a long time for the food to arrive. I began to think we had made a big mistake. I began to wonder, "Maybe the reason there weren't many people there was because the food was as bad as their service." But when the food finally arrived, it was definitely worth the wait!

I ordered a veggie burger which is often a Gardenburger taken from the freezer and thrown on the grill. I was amazed that their vegetarian patty was made from scratch, and it was very tasty and better than what I expected. My wife ordered a different sandwich, and her food was delicious as well.

If I had the opportunity I would eat at Soups and Such Cafe again, and I would recommend it to others. It's down at the end of the main stretch in town, but well worth the walk and the wait. The service may not be fast, but I think it's because they prepare everything from scratch to make it taste great.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DoctorJehle

Oceanside, California
“Healthy and yummy”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped in here for a quick soup and salad. Didn't expect it to be so good. I had the Cobb salad which was huge and very yummy. My hubby had the ham sandwich and French onion soup, which he said was like homemade. Highly recommend this for a healthy lunch while in Julian.

Visited July 2012
Santee
“Will Return to Soups and Such”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was my second dining experience at Soups and Such. This small restaurant is less noticeable than others on Main Street, but it is definitely worth a visit. The first time I dined here, I had a delicious soup, so on my most recent visit, I decided to go again. I had a soup and sandwhich combo, and both were prepared just right. If I have the same experience on my next visit, I'll be giving the cafe "5."

• Visited May 2012
Georgetown
“an excellent memory”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The waitress starting saying honestly that they were not famous for fast-service. As we were a little bit in a rush we hesitated and finally decided to stay. We were extremely happy of such a decision and had 2 very good quiche salads with soups. Delicious, healthy and even economic. A very good place where to stay for lunch.

• Visited April 2012
San Diego
“Tiny Treasure”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Wonderful and hearty food served in a quaint little cafe on Julian's Main Street. Tea is served in Japanese iron tea pots which imparts a wonderful aroma and flavor to the teas. Whether you go for breakfast, lunch or early dinner (they close around 4 p.m.), the food and the atmosphere make you feel warm, relaxed and comfortable.

Visited June 2011