“Amazing Magical Energy”
Review of Joshua Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Joshua Tree
Sonora, California
“Amazing Magical Energy”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here two nights in June for a wedding. The couple I was photographing booked Room 6 for me and I absolutely LOVED IT! Being exhausted, I returned to my room and melted into the lounge chair on the private patio. There was a warm breeze blowing the trees and I sat there mesmerized. It was peaceful and quiet. The pool is open all hours, so even though I didn't get back from the wedding til 1am, I could still take a dip to relax before bed. The bathroom has old charming tile. The ceiling has big open beams that are an orderly joy to look at while laying in bed. Maybe that's weird, but these are the things that I can appreciate in a home away from home. There is a little table with chairs outside every room on the breezeway where people hang out. The breezeway has luscious vines growing up and protecting the rooms from the sun and making it feel like a jungle hideaway in the desert. The sandy open courtyard is lovingly raked with beautiful patterns everyday. The koi pond is relaxing and inviting. There are endless details that add up to a magical experience. Truly, one of the most relaxing experiences of my life. I'm already planning a romantic getaway with my hubby for my 40th bday. Only dilemma is which room to book! (first choice of course was 6, but it's already taken! thinking of possibly trying one of the suites. only turn 40 once!) Here are some photos I took during my stay https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200383725570851.1073741828.1086759890&type=1&l=3039beb468

Room Tip: Room 6 is charming. It has a really cool tree/bush in the private patio area. I think the wall behin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank roryamber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lancaster, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Joshua Tree Inn is a wonderful place to rest and relax when visiting the desert. This IS NOT a place for travelers that want every ammenity available to mankind. If you want a clean, comfortable,relaxing place to stay with charm, this is the place. I have stayed here every year for the past 9 years. The staff is friendly, the pool is a cool relief from the heat and the grounds are beautiful. They make you feel at home. Added bonus is the history of the motel. Personalities from John Wayne to ram Parsons loved this place. It has the feeling of stepping back in time-

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We walked in and there was a small band playing, we were invited to join in and partake of the nibbles and home made chai. This place has charm, as well as all the other things you need for a great stay. Nearby access to Joshua Tree National Park was an extra bonus. The swimming pool was great, and the huge Joshua Trees were amazing.

Room Tip: Ours was the Barrymore suite - the largest I think, we managed 4 of us in there, but would have been...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank onerosenz
San Francisco
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This past April my bro and I rode our motorcycles from NJ to CA well over 3000 miles. After staying at the branded hotel chains along the way, we were delighted to meet Marsu, a cool guy who manages the Joshua Tree Inn. We stayed in room # 12, it was clean, spacious, cozy and had everything I needed. What I enjoyed most about my stay was the mystical and peaceful vibe created by Joshua Tree Inn’s desert oasis location, and its history with creative and legendary musicians and personalities like John Wayne, Robert Plant and Gram Parsons. Within close proximity you will find the Joshua Tree National Park, hiking and biking trails, world class rock climbing, live music venues and restaurants, The Joshua Tree Inn is a place worth returning to. I recommend trying their Chai tea, meticulously prepared by Marsu. Thank you Joshua Tree Inn for a memorable stay. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The John Barrymore Suite (Room #12) offers the most privacy, with a large bedroom, living room, kitc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DennisWorldTrip
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For the record , the person complaining about the pool being closed needs to lighten up. No hotel would call its guests to report the pool was closed. Why didn't you call before you left to make sure it was open. It's probably a good thing for the staff here that you won't be returning. You sound like a real pain in the bum.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Twonewshoes
Chico, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Joshua Tree Inn. I would like to thank all of you who maintain the Inn and allow Gram fans throughout the world to make pilgrimages there to pay our respects. Thank you especially for giving the “Safe At Home” marker a permanent dwelling place and adding the benches and the guitar to the shrine. I appreciate your efforts to maintain the Inn as much as possible in its original form. I can only begin to imagine some of the challenges you must face in this endeavor.
My stay was beautiful, peaceful. Again, thank you so very much for taking care of the Inn and allowing fans like me to enjoy and experience it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
jtinn, Guest Relations Manager at Joshua Tree Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words,Monica. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest.
We really love when our guests appreciate the peaceful essence and rich cultural history that we endeavour to preserve at the Inn.
We are all looking forward to your next visit.
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed one night on the way through to Flagstaff / Grand Canyon / Santa Fe. Beautiful little motel, low key, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, and and afternoon by the (strangely cold) pool was a nice break from driving. The surrounding area was gorgeous, we had a great breakfast at the Crossroads Cafe & Tavern, great place too. Thanks Joshua Tree Inn, I will definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Pioneertown Motel
Pioneertown Motel
#1 of 1 in Pioneertown
Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Joshua Tree Inn? Share your experiences!