Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Couldn't have asked for a better time climbing in Joshua Tree with Zack!

Zack was an amazing guide! He has incredible knowledge of the park and was able to show us some of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
X7437OFalexb
Great experience with a great guide!

It was great! As a climber in a previous life it meant a lot for me to get my two boys up on a... read more

Reviewed December 22, 2020
bradr571
Bremerton, Washington

All reviews great guide climbing adventure real rock palm springs nelson anchor zack level blast ropes harness helmets transition challenges crag shoes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Nelson is a full AMGA guide and is very attentive to safety and education. He also really loves to climb and share his passion for climbing. Great experience!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018

Nelson did a fantastic job from start to finish. He was very easy to get a hold of by phone, answered all my questions. Was very responsive and prompt with all e-mails. All of his gear was located in his home office which made it easy as we were traveling light and did not bring any of her gear. He was on time and ready to go. My daughter had an amazing time, climbing 10 routes and ending with a cave crawl. They arrived at our meeting spot promptly at the end of the day. Happy daughter, happy Mom, hopefully happy Nelson as well. Also, he was kind enough to take some pictures and send them to us via e-mail which we really appreciated, the photos are just amazing. Send your teens out with him...he'll take care of them.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Nelson Day is fun, experienced, safe, professional and awesome! My daughter, who is very experienced, and I, who have no experience, both had a great time. Highly recommended. We will definitely work with Nelson again.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Joshua Tree is a Rock Climbing Haven ... Perfect place for all levels. The Climbing Guides are simply the best. Nelson and his team was super encouraging and kept us safe and laughing. We were challenged and had the best day with them. I highly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We have worked with The Climbing Life Guides for 3 years in a row because they are so awesome! Nelson is really patient, thorough and clearly knows his stuff! This year, the weather was cloudy and rain was in the forecast so The Climbing Life Guides brought an easy-up tent for our participants to sit under while they waited for their turn to climb which obviously was so thoughtful and nice! I would definitely recommend them if you're looking to climb in Joshua tree!

Date of experience: March 2018