Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
great climb

Zack did an excellent job, very patient on my first climb. Good teacher. They got me in at last... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
BMB2014
Everglades City, Florida
Awesome day of instruction and climbing with Stephen

I was heading down to Joshua tree for a weekend and I wanted to hire a guide to introduce me to the... read more

Reviewed December 30, 2018
Christy K
San Francisco, California

All reviews multi pitch climbing experience answered all my questions rock climbing end of the day lead climbing afraid of heights an amazing job climbing routes skill level joshua tree national park nelson anchor gear instructions techniques ropes
Reviewed April 26, 2018

Nelson did a fantastic job from start to finish. He was very easy to get a hold of by phone, answered all my questions. Was very responsive and prompt with all e-mails. All of his gear was located in his home office which made it easy as we were traveling light and did not bring any of her gear. He was on time and ready to go. My daughter had an amazing time, climbing 10 routes and ending with a cave crawl. They arrived at our meeting spot promptly at the end of the day. Happy daughter, happy Mom, hopefully happy Nelson as well. Also, he was kind enough to take some pictures and send them to us via e-mail which we really appreciated, the photos are just amazing. Send your teens out with him...he'll take care of them.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Nelson Day is fun, experienced, safe, professional and awesome! My daughter, who is very experienced, and I, who have no experience, both had a great time. Highly recommended. We will definitely work with Nelson again.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Joshua Tree is a Rock Climbing Haven ... Perfect place for all levels. The Climbing Guides are simply the best. Nelson and his team was super encouraging and kept us safe and laughing. We were challenged and had the best day with them. I highly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We have worked with The Climbing Life Guides for 3 years in a row because they are so awesome! Nelson is really patient, thorough and clearly knows his stuff! This year, the weather was cloudy and rain was in the forecast so The Climbing Life Guides brought an easy-up tent for our participants to sit under while they waited for their turn to climb which obviously was so thoughtful and nice! I would definitely recommend them if you're looking to climb in Joshua tree!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank brookebarry2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Super organized and helpful! I found them very easy to book with and organize and they were super accommodating. Molly was our guide and she was awesome. As an old climber I was super impressed and had so much fun getting on the rock again. My girls were inspired and had a great time.

Date of experience: January 2018