“Awesome, Reliable and Safe Guides in Joshua Tree”

The Climbing Life Guides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best rates in town! Seriously, check them out. We readily offer guided one on one rock climbing experiences, or guide rock climbing experiences in groups of up to six clients in Joshua Tree National Park. We love larger groups, but we need a little more time to make arrangements for your session. Please let us know at least 2 weeks in advance if you are interested in booking a larger group with us. Since we are a rock climber guide directed and operated small business, we are able to offer some of the most competitive prices! On top of the awesome prices, our guides offer solid, patient, and all around fun rock climbing instructional sessions. The client decides what rock climbing experience they want, and our rock climbing guides do our very best to make it happen. Let our guides show you the ropes!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We have worked with The Climbing Life Guides for 3 years in a row because they are so awesome! Nelson is really patient, thorough and clearly knows his stuff! This year, the weather was cloudy and rain was in the forecast so The Climbing Life Guides brought an easy-up tent for our participants to sit under while they waited for their turn to climb which obviously was so thoughtful and nice! I would definitely recommend them if you're looking to climb in Joshua tree!

1  Thank brookebarry2018
All reviews
"climbing experience"
in 9 reviews
"answered all my questions"
"rock climbing"
"an amazing job"
"experienced climbers"
"skill level"
in 3 reviews
"joshua tree national park"
"nelson"
in 53 reviews
"tyler"
in 5 reviews
"gear"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Super organized and helpful! I found them very easy to book with and organize and they were super accommodating. Molly was our guide and she was awesome. As an old climber I was super impressed and had so much fun getting on the rock again. My girls were inspired and had a great time.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

It was my first trip to Joshua Tree park and a friend suggested I do rock climbing there. Turns out Joshua Tree Park is the perfect place to do rock climbing, so I highly recommend to do rock climbing on your next trip to JT. The Climbing Life Guides and Nelson were very accommodating and friendly. Nelson helped me not only to get down the basics, but also coached me through some challenging climbs which I never imagined could be climbed and which made me want to take up rock climbing on a regular basis. I suggest doing rock climbing with Climbing Guides on your next trip to JT park

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Our family had a great time with The Climbing Life Guides in Joshua Tree this week. Although we consider ourselves to be somewhat adventurous, we had never rock climbed before and knew this was the thing to do in Joshua Tree. We searched Tripadvisor for a reputable company with great reviews and found Nelson and The Climbing Life Guides. The online booking process was easy and professional. On the morning of our excursion, we met our guide, Stephen, at Nelson’s house near the West entrance to Joshua Tree. He has converted part of his house/garage into a shop where his tours begin from. We were fitted with our hiking shoes, helmets, and harnesses. Then we loaded up and drove into the park. We opted to drive separately so that we could spend more time in the park when we are done. What I really liked about this tour was that Stephen completely catered the climb to our interests and experience. He listened to our desires and concerns and planned out a day that fit our family perfectly. Our boys are 11 and 14 and he was excellent with them. It’s hard to explain, but it was the perfect combination of positive encouragement and pushing a little to go just a bit further outside of our comfort zone. He was patient, funny and an all-around likable guy. As a mom who is a little afraid of heights, I felt like my family was in good hands and safe the entire time. We ended up in three different climbing spots, each different and interesting. Stephen also provided information about the desert, plants, and local habitat. I would highly recommend the Climbing Life Guides for your families rock climbing adventure in Joshua Tree.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 24, 2017

I hired the climbing life guides for 2 weeks of rock climbing in Joshua tree and it was an amazing experience!! Everything from the communication to our day out felt organized. My guides were all very experienced and I felt really safe with them. I even got to do some more challenging climbs which were great. Each day the guide took into account my energy level and the types of climbs I was liking and tailored the days climbing to it.

The guides were dependable and always showed up at our appointed start time. The owner Nelson answered all my questions quickly and took the time to walk me through more complex stuff. The company has insurance which I later found out NOT ALL companies in Jtree have that. I think that's pretty important given the sport.

I had an amazing time and would recommend them to anyone looking to have an amazing rock climbing adventure!