$59
$57
Casa De Frank(Joshua Tree)
$48
Desert Lily(Joshua Tree)
Joshua Tree Inn(Joshua Tree)
All reviewsthe ownersized roomgave us a maproadside motelfridge and microwavewest entrancecoffee makercomfortable bedravijtnpcourtyard
Reviewed April 21, 2012

After arriving in Joshua Tree in a hail storm, we opted to spend the night in a Hotel instead of camp. We headed to a local cafe where the waitress suggested the Safari Motor Inn. From the outside it looked very unassuming. But once we checked in, the owner was friendly, helpful and happy to chat! Our room was pretty average, with all the amenities you would expect for the price, but the friendly service definitely put this in the Good category. The location is right in the middle of town, which is easy to walk to local restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great place with a very friendly and caring owner, good walking distance to the local breakfast joint- country kitchen and the saloon. If you want good value, a caring, personal approach in a great location. This is your choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed there for over a week and had a good clean room very close to the park. fantastic value. owners very nice and friendly. Steve S.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank steve s
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed in January to hike in the park. Very welcoming management with good restaurant information. Room was basic but very clean and great bed/shower. Slept well. Would definitely recommend and return ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

All the motels in 29 Palms were "No Vacancy" the first time I stayed at the Safari. This was May of 2K10. But, I have stayed at inns in 29 Palms before. Totally overpriced and full of Marines in party mode. The Safari was not that way at all. I'm sure, however, that campers to Joshua Tree Park do show up by the van load and try to rent one room where they can all take a shower and only pay for one or two people. GET REAL !! This is a lovely, quiet place to stay with the best beds in the world. It has everything you need, including WiFi, and the nicest hosts ever at a very reasonable price. And, they will use any excuse to give you a discount. The only reason I did not give it the very top "excellent" review is because the first time I stayed there I got a kidney stone attack in the middle of the night. There was no phone in my room so I called an ambulance from my cell phone. I had to find my receipt in my papers to get the address!! But then, dut to the nature of the layout of the building, the ambulance was able to pull up right in front of my room. I certainly appreciated THAT !! Then, later when I had to take the bus back from the hospital emergency room in Yucca Valley, it stopped for me right across the street. Last year, Feb-March 2K11, when I stopped to stay for only one or two nights, I ended up staying for a week. And, enjoyed every minute of my stay.

Room Tip: The office only rents out every other room as they fill up so I have never had anyone on either side of my room. If I have, I wasn't aware that anyone was there.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family