$59
Casa De Frank(Joshua Tree)
$52
$70
$120
$117
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites(Yucca Valley)(Great Value!)
$60
Sands View Motel(Yucca Valley)
$70
$82
$72
Pioneertown Motel(Pioneertown)(Great Value!)
$275
  • Free Internet
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
All reviewsthe ownersized roomgave us a maproadside motelfridge and microwavewest entrancecoffee makercomfortable bedravijtnpcourtyard
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed in January to hike in the park. Very welcoming management with good restaurant information. Room was basic but very clean and great bed/shower. Slept well. Would definitely recommend and return ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

All the motels in 29 Palms were "No Vacancy" the first time I stayed at the Safari. This was May of 2K10. But, I have stayed at inns in 29 Palms before. Totally overpriced and full of Marines in party mode. The Safari was not that way at all. I'm sure, however, that campers to Joshua Tree Park do show up by the van load and try to rent one room where they can all take a shower and only pay for one or two people. GET REAL !! This is a lovely, quiet place to stay with the best beds in the world. It has everything you need, including WiFi, and the nicest hosts ever at a very reasonable price. And, they will use any excuse to give you a discount. The only reason I did not give it the very top "excellent" review is because the first time I stayed there I got a kidney stone attack in the middle of the night. There was no phone in my room so I called an ambulance from my cell phone. I had to find my receipt in my papers to get the address!! But then, dut to the nature of the layout of the building, the ambulance was able to pull up right in front of my room. I certainly appreciated THAT !! Then, later when I had to take the bus back from the hospital emergency room in Yucca Valley, it stopped for me right across the street. Last year, Feb-March 2K11, when I stopped to stay for only one or two nights, I ended up staying for a week. And, enjoyed every minute of my stay.

Room Tip: The office only rents out every other room as they fill up so I have never had anyone on either side of my room. If I have, I wasn't aware that anyone was there.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky B
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here passing through Joshua Tree and found it to be a great stopover. Rooms clean and functional. Owner was really friendly and helpful, telling us where local eateries were. The cameras mentioned elsewhere are to keep parking area secure and are not in any way obtrusive. Good value too.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Basic accommodations but great location by the park entrance. We have visited twice and found the owner very helpful and considerate. We noticed this time it was freshly painted and our room had slightly unfashionable but clean furniture, serviceable appliances, somewhat noisy AC unit, but everything up to standards. It was actually nicer than I remembered and an excellent value. I went to move my car so the person parked next to me would have plenty of room to open their door - it turned out to be the owner's vehicle and he rushed out to move it to give ME lots of room. He seems to anticipate travelers' needs, providing maps to local restaurants and any info you need, so you don't feel isolated or weird staying on the highway. Joshua Tree can seem kind of windswept and lonely, but Safari Motor Inn helps you feel safe and in good hands.

Room Tip: We chose a room with two beds - it helps us to spread our stuff out, and noticed it was closer to the manager's office and the highway, which we liked.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Our stay at the Safari Motor Inn exceeded our expectations and was a highlight of our visit to Joshua Tree National Park. The room was plain, but clean—and had a refrigerator and microwave. That was nice. The back door of our room opened onto a desert garden. Best of all was the warm hospitality of the owner, Ravi. We also enjoyed short walks to welcoming restaurants and shops—especially a great (and reasonably priced) Thai restaurant. We hope to come back in the spring to stay again and see the desert blooming.
Sally and Bob from Maine