“One of the best vacations I've ever had.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree

Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Joshua Tree
Santa Barbara, California
“One of the best vacations I've ever had.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I'd like to share with you my secret hide-a-way in Joshua Tree. It's an unassuming place: a small strip motel built in the 50s, and one you might overlook if you didn't know what I know. The fact is, it's a mom and pop business, and the owners are delightful people. They truly enjoy going out of their way to be helpful to their guests.

When I stayed there, recently, the owners, Ravi and Jasmine, gave me help as to where I could find the best food and suggested places of interest in the area that I wouldn't have known of otherwise.

One thing I especially liked about The Safari, was how safe I felt there. Ravi is very particular about who he lets sign the register. The motel is well lit and has a fantstic surveillance system. Being a woman travelling alone, I felt so at ease and at home there. In fact, I plan to always stay at The Safair Motor Inn anytime I'm in the area. And I am, in fact, a little hesitant to publish this and give away my secret.

Thank you Ravi and Jasmine for being part of my wonderfu Joshua Tree experience!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Estavayer-le-Lac, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

We spent two nights in this simple motel and would definitely go back, even for a longer stay. It is close to one of the entry of Joshua NP, close to the restaurants, supermarkets, and it has a nice inner garden and a big swimming pool. The owner, Mr Ravi, was charming and gave us some good advices. He gave us the address of an excellent Indian restaurant.

Room Tip: Our rooms were far away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mamaflorens
glaciermelting, General Manager at Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Mrs+Mr. Appreciate for stay ,valuable time to write great review .Your friendly conversation, always

smiling ,Helping other was amazing.This world really need people like you .

I hope this time not snowing in Switzerland .

See you again some time. ..Ravi.
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

This was my third stay at the place. The amenities are very simple, the cost is average but the service that Ravi and his family provide are excellent!

Room Tip: Ask the owner.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank yamanoor
Parker, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

Joshua Tree is a small town with limited resources but it is convenient to the national park. I would recommend staying 6+ miles down the road in Yucca Valley where there is more to offer: groceries, shopping, restaurants, motels. But if you just need a basic place to sleep instead of camping in the park, this motel will do the job. The manager is kind but the property is in need of improvements. Free Wifi was helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pfeifavs7
glaciermelting, General Manager at Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Appreciated for stay , Gov. not allow in this town any noisy big franchise businesses .People love
small restaurants we have in this village.We always fix things ,again same ? never ends .we
just installed new ac/heat with remote many place don`t . When you pay $45-50. please do not
expect $70.-80 service, amenities. California is more expensive than Colorado. see you some
time again .
Landers, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

The rooms as well as the grounds were all clean and neat, and everything that you would expect to come with a motel room was there. However, what really puts the Safari Motor Inn above the rest is the exceptional, personalized customer service that is all too rare these days. Ravi's entire attitude basically communicated: "If you need anything, please ask." The entire experience was a good refreshing taste of customer service as it is supposed to be.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank xode
glaciermelting, General Manager at Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Appreciated for your stay and time to write this review,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I needed a place to stay four nights a week for about three months due to work. During that time, I stayed with my friends at the safari. Each and every time I stayed there, they made it their top priority to make sure I had everything I needed and that my every stay with them was a comfortable one. They are the most friendliest, caring people I've met in a long time. The service is one of a kind at the safari. The rooms are very clean, the location is great and I couldn't find a better rate. I would absolutely recommend the safari to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
glaciermelting, General Manager at Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
appreciated for stay , you always very quiet we urge to guests It is very important night time .See you some time.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

I have been traveling to Joshua Tree for several years to climb. When I get tired of camping or it's too cold I always stay at The Safari. Ravi and his wife have always made me feel welcome and always go out of their way to help. For instance, when I was unable to get a fast enough connection to the internet, Ravi immediately came to my room with a signal booster for the Wifi. The Safari is a no-frills kind of place, but it's a great value and I always feel as though I've been a welcome guest.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
glaciermelting, General Manager at Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
appreciated for your staying and great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
BEST WESTERN Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#3 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#1 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#7 of 11 in Twentynine Palms
9 Palms Inn
9 Palms Inn
#9 of 11 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree? Share your experiences!