“Indian food plus, picky wife loves this place”

Sam's Indian Food & Pizza
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Joshua Tree
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ok, first off, I hesitate to rave about this place because sometimes its a little crowded. But, I'm only inthe area2 or 3 months a year, and I want them to be in business when I come back.

Its called Sam's Pizza, and they have burghers, but the Indian food is as good as any you'll get.

They also have no problem with "special requests". For example, my wife and I like to get plain saag, no cream, with french fries, and dip thefrenchfries( real potatoes) in the saag. Also, the aloo gobi is a favorite, too. We have eaten here 50 + times over 7? years, or however long they've been there and never have we been disappointed.

We often have dinner with coworkers here, and all the options ordered are tasty, everyone is happy.

CalTrans road crews stop in here for burghers, which I have never ordered, and when I asked them about the burghers, the guys said " we can stop anywhere, and we come here".

Prices recently increased to reasonable from cheap.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is so much more than a pizza joint. Actually, their Indian food menu is bigger than their pizza menu. Didn't try the pizza. Went straight for the tandoori saag and shrimp vindaloo. Mouth-watering / you can't stop eating good.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Large menu with a wide variety of options - pizza, burgers, and Indian food. We only tried the Indian food but it was some of the best I've had. I would definitely eat here again if I ever return to Joshua Tree.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have eaten Indian food in many places over the years, and none surpasses that which is available at Sam's. It is the only restaurant in that area that I regularly recommend, and my whole family goes there often - my wife and I and one son for the Indian food, my other boy for the pizza, which itself is first-rate. Excellent naan, tikka, etc.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Trying to be somewhere that offers pizzas subs burgers and Indian food would seem to be a difficult task. Well it is! Have been eating Indian food for fifty years, this was OK but Indian not!