“The Loveliest of Stays”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 3 Joshua Tree B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, CA
“The Loveliest of Stays”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This is probably my fourth trip out to Joshua Tree and my fourth stay with Spin and Margie. Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) was wonderful...from the décor to the views, to the peaceful tranquility and the serene surroundings. Loved their NEW pillow top beds and their care with everything they do. This is one of my favorite spots to come to. Relaxing, Fun, and thoughtfully done! I anxiously await my return to this
enchanting desert hideaway. Kudos.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HayleyMLosAngeles_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Nicely done and comfortable room with kitchen and an extra sitting area (room #3). Perfect for a short vacation in the desert. Not exactly cheap but worth the money. Friendly staff but not intrusive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruskicat
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 21, 2010

just a beautiful room, like what I'd want my vacation house to look like if I had better taste. it was clean, everything worked, we got in late in late but the kitchen was stocked with delicious cofffee for the morning. more than fairly priced. we were too busy to enjoy the grounds but there's bocce ball, plenty of little cute places to sit and enjoy the outdoors. wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Joshua Tree area.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SFSodajerk
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This was the first property that I have ever stayed at that had so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor! Needless to say, the bar was set very high.

Overall, we loved our stay at Spin and Margie's. The place is awesome- fantastic location (just a short drive from the entrance to the park), VERY clean, spacious, and cool. We loved the decor and the overall 'funky' vibe of the place. We stayed in Suite 2, which I think is the most basic. It was very comfortable- nice bed, cute bathroom (shower was definitely a bit tiny), great lil kitchen that really came equipped with everything, and little sitting room with a small dining table. The books, movies and CD's are definitely a nice touch.

OK, so here are the things that I did not love: There is no B&B staff on-site. This was a bit of a surprise- we showed up and parked and walked around looking for the check-in. There was no check-in... we called Margie and she let us know that the room was open and ready for us. I think, had we been anticipating this, it would not have been a big deal, but it came as a surprise. Also, we were the ONLY people staying on the property at the time, so at night, the place felt a bit scary/empty. The first night, I was terrified that my boyfriend and I would be murdered, since we were in the middle of nowhere and there was no one else around (aka no security). By the second night, I relaxed and we enjoyed some wine and smores by the bonfire and I was definitely enthralled with the stars in the sky (you just don't see that in LA!). Again, this was just something that came as a surprise. Lastly, there were A LOT of bugs in our room- crickets, mosquitoes, etc. Given we were in 'nature,' this is to be expected, but I'm a city girl and don't love the bugs.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely return. The price is amazing for the value that you get.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Cossayuna, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed at Spin and Margie's for part of our honeymoon. Walk to the Joshua Tree National Park. Birds and flowers galore- also Desert Tortoise, Jackrabbits and Coyotes! What fun! The room was CLEAN< and comfortable and had all necessary amenities and also some added - like FANTASTIC CDs to listen to, movies to snuggle down and watch at night. Very unique gardens and sculptures. One of the best parts of our honeymoon was staying here - we still listed to the same CDs to bring us back to the magic of our stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I have been going here for years. Mindy and Drew put a lot of care into this little hideaway making it one of our favorite places to stay in the world. The desert has a sublime beauty and in the hands of Mindy and Drew it becomes intoxicating. We have stayed in 3 of the five rooms and loved them all. Stay here and let your brain take a walk while your spirit is rejuvenated.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OpenRoadRobyn
Sunland, CA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Loved this place and think about it now and then, dreaming of super quiet days in my own private patio. We had the Sonoran Traveler and it was home away from home. Nicely supplied with books, DVDs and pantry supplies, clean and colorful. You could sit in the airy patio and read or go into the common area for barbecuing and chatting up people who might be nearby, though I imagine most are out hiking. I liked that your "compound" had its own gate with walls, it made it cozy and private. There is some noise from the highway which made the desert nights not quite as pristine as they could be. But that's just a quibble. We went over to Pappy and Harriet's and enjoyed some music, barbecue and whiskeys. Driving back it was tricky to find the entrance in the dark on the highway. I remembered there were some plastic flags or ties in the bushes near the entrance which was the only way I would have found my way back in. (Tip: set your odometer when you leave!) The people are really nice, but don't expect someone to be around the grounds to answer questions or change linens, etc. It's totally safe and professional though, I didn't have a single concern. So much better than a creepy motel on the highway, it's more like a private home or retreat, The grounds are neat btw, there's a sculpture garden of sorts made from desert detritus (someone said it was by Noah Purifoy but I can't swear to that), some willow trees and a dirt road stretching north towards the park. I could see myself zoning out in the patio and accidentally letting two days go by before I noticed. A unique place, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway? Share your experiences!