“"This place is really GREAT!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 3 Joshua Tree B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2007

This place is great. We had no idea what we were gettting into.
Had never been to Joshua Tree before and we were just looking
for a place to stay. Well, this is a GREAT place to stay. The rooms
are beautiful and have everything you need to spend a long
restful weekend. We cooked, grilled in the barbeque, watched
a ton of videos and basically never left.. It's totally awesome.
We stayed in Suite #1 and it was
really large and comfortable. It even had a walled in style patio.
Joshua Tree is also really great. If you like to
rock climb this is the place for you. (my husband and I are more
the hiking type) but you can see rock climbers everywhere.
We are planning on returning in the spring and we are looking
forward to staying at this Inn again. They just finished a new
Suite while we were there. (Suite #5) and the owners took us in to see it. We are definitely going to stay there when we return. It should be on their website soon they say - it is way cool!!!!

1  Thank Teresa5

Reviewed January 24, 2007

Spin and Margie's is definately a great spot- A quant courtyard and cute cozy rooms- BUT-The problem I had was that the lady on the phone whom I made a reservation with said that there was NO noise and No constuction-
That was completly FALSE

Unfortunately they were building a new studio right next to our room - hammers and talking - Not only was there noise -I felt my privacy was infringed apon- In addition the workman had a dog that ran around- and there were droppings around- Not so good- Next time I would really like an honest answer- I spent a lot of money as well-

No happy

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank janeblaize
MannyMack, owner at Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2008

I was very sorry that this guest experienced these problems. We tried to be very careful about the noise etc and had the workers on
shortened hours (10 to 2) daily to accommodate our guests comings and goings. This guest never complained to me directly about the disturbance but luckily I was able to figure out who it was and I did send her a coupon for a free stay in the future. By the way
the construction on Cabin #5 is completed .

Reviewed July 27, 2006

I recently had the pleasure of attending a wedding at a funky-yet-chic little hideaway called "Spin & Margie's," in Joshua Tree, California. Tucked between Route 62, one of America's legendary "lost highways," and Joshua Tree National Park, one of the country's natural treasures, the place is one part Slim Pickins, one part Sam Shepherd, an eclectic amalgam of cowboy kitsch and existential vision.

Okay, it ain't that easy to describe, but I must try. As best man at this wedding, I was in a unique position to observe "Spin & Margie's" hospitality, 'had a backstage pass, if you will. The ambience was casual, elegant, free-wheelin', and witty. The tent and the trimmings, the band and the lunar terrain kept me wondering if I was on a very hip cattle-drive or in a chapter of "Arabian Nights."

The caterer's magic reinforced this cultural ambience, blending the exotic and the familiar; faraway spices and local comfort food. There were prickley pear champagne cocktails. There were great leaps of flavor from Carolina collards, to Greek yogurt parfaits. The wedding cake looked like a gorgeous, butter-creme ziggurat with desert plants sand sugared pearls as accents and I mean to tell ya'.... I've never eaten better.

I could get lost here, I swear. The national park, a vast and majestic stretch of the Mojave desert, is a short drive away, a journey back in time to "the bones of the earth." There were people in our wedding party with no mystical bent, whatsoever, who were nonetheless transported by this place. You can actually hear yourself think...in a good way, that is. As with all monumental landscapes, it reminds you of who you are at some basic level, because the desert is so profoundly silent.

And when it got a little too silent, "Spin & Margie's" was the perfect base-camp to return to: homey, unpretentious yet replete with its own little mysteries and inspirations.

My wife and I liked it so much that we didn't want to leave. Okay, reality calls, but we'll be back next year to renew our vows up in Hidden Valley, and raise a toast to the beauties of silence down at this sweet, Mojave oasis.

--Steve Molton

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank dorky
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I wish I could live at Spin & Margies. We stayed in the #4 suite. The whole place is a complete get away retreat that will recharge your spirit. The kitchen came fully equipped and we served a gourmet meal for friends one evening. They have a community grill for use and we sat and warmed by the outdoor fireplace as well. The place is more like 4 small apartments than just a room for a night. We would definitely recommend bringing food to cook and enjoying this wonderful location.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2005

I absolutely loved Spin and Margie's Hideaway! I am really independent, and I wanted a retreat that gave me a cute, quiet place to hang out and proximity to Joshua Tree Natl. Park, without feeling unsafe or isolated. I didn't want any owners hovering over me, I don't care about getting daily housekeeping, and I can take care of making a meal for myself. In Suite #4 I had an amazing spot with everything I hoped for and nothing I didn't need. A beautiful bathroom with a nice deep tub for soaking after long hikes (and a separate shower), a perfect, well-equipped kitchen, a big bedroom/sitting room with a queen bed (great sheets and down comforter), a little couch, a cd player and a tv/vcr combo (with small cd and video library), a little private sunporch area, access to adorable, casual little courtyard sitting areas... I could keep going but I'll stop there.

It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the nearest Joshua Tree Natl. Park entrance, and about a 5-minute drive to downtown Joshua Tree. For meals, I did a combo of eating out, ordering pizza, and going grocery shopping in 29 Palms (about a 20 min. drive) and the health-food store.

Oh, and by the way, the desert was incredible -- I was there the end of Feb., and it had been raining in central CA for weeks. Desert wildflowers were popping out and the cacti looked like they were just about ready to pop. Glorious skies, green desert hikes, full moon at night -- it was stunning.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank BlueSparrow
santa rosa, ca
Reviewed February 1, 2005

I just had a wonderful romantic weekend at Spin and Margies. The rooms were large, imaginative, colorful, comfortable and very clean. The owners are very friendly and conscientous. This really is a special place. Fantastic grounds with lots of different cactus and other desert plants. Highly recommended for a romantic and special weekend.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2004

Spin and Margie's is cozy, comfortable, beautifully appointed, decorated and landscaped with an artist's eye, and set in one of the most incredible landscapes in the world. Plus, the owners are great people, friendly and responsive! It's the perfect place for star-gazing.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#3 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Campbell House
Campbell House
#1 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway? Share your experiences!