“Spin and Margie's is absolutely magical!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 3 Joshua Tree B&B and Inns
California
“Spin and Margie's is absolutely magical!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I was fortunate enough to come across this hide-away while browsing the internet. We live in Orange County and just needed to get away and see something different. Spin and Margie's is a location that helps you breathe. Helps you relax and remember that life is not so difficult. Because of the artistic decor, the positive energy, the owl and hawk that sit outside your bedroom door is a location that you feel so happy to come back to after you've hiked the beautiful mountains of Joshua Tree or just had a $20 dollar hour long foot massage at a little place down the street next to the donut shop. It is a place I have brought my husband, friends and will certainly visit on my own when I need me time!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank umpfgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Connecticut
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I loved loved, loved this spot! This place was like a fancy hotel but infinitely more affordable. Flat screen TV, DVD players, and an incredible assortment of DVDs' too. Really great featherbeds, with beautiful sheets and plush plush towels. Spacious rooms with just EVERYTHING you need to cook with. There is coffee, tea, and some yummy fancy hot chocolate. The bathrooms are precious jewels. Tiled to perfection with lovely amenities. Suite #4 is just the best. Large bathroom with a soaking tub and a separate shower. The kitchen was just beautiful. Tiled counters and really efficient. There is even free wireless - that works all the time! The suite was spotless, too. As you can see I loved this place. It is also well situated, out of town and close to the parks west entrance. Great for a single woman on a vacation. Safe and secure and a great place quiet place to return to after hiking in the park. My room had a
private patio off to the side, but there is also a main courtyard where you can sit and read and meet some of the other guests, which I did.
I definitely will return! It was great fun!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank anmarurocks
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed with our 2 kids and their aunt and uncle. Lot's of character. Perfect place to stay when visiting Joshua tree. Bright, sunny, cute clean private. Great decor. Well furnished. Flat screen TV with videos, games for the kids. Bocci and horseshoe pitches. Private yard. Mindy is really helpful.

FYI: No pool or restaurant, if that is what you want. Well equipped kitchen. Lot's of good restaurants nearby. Free WIFI

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank familyinnh
Davis, Calif.
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and two sons (age 10 and 13) spent two nights at Spin & Margie's. I wish we could have been there a week! We stayed in the Desert Rambler suite -- perfect for a family our size. Our older son got his own little bedroom off the main suite; the younger one slept comfortably on the sofa bed. This fully equipped kitchen is *actually* fully equipped; we could have cooked anything there. The large-screen TV was nice to have when the kids were tired at the end of the day. They even provide a nice selection of DVDs to watch.

The property itself is a great place to hang out -- whimsically landscaped with desert plants and wonderful steel sculptures made of things like old bedsprings. There's a fountain & a pond, and equipment to play bocce, horseshoes, and croquet (we tried all three). You can hear the road noise all the time, but it was more or less white noise, and I didn't notice it much when we were indoors. I did wear ear plugs to sleep, but no one else in my family did, and we had no trouble sleeping. More importantly for us, we couldn't hear anything from our neighbors at the hotel itself. The place seems very sturdily built.

The proprietors are the perfect combination of helpful and not obtrusive. Our first night there, there was no blanket for the sofa bed, and within 4 minutes of a phone call to Mindy we had one. They gave us lovely advice for hikes as well. We recommend the approx. 4-mile out & back hike to the 29 Palms Oasis. Getting to the oasis is well worth the trouble. Make sure you pack water & snacks! Joshua Tree is a great place for active kids. Our two spent hours climbing on boulders -- Skull Rock was the best place we found.

I can't wait to go back, and Spin & Margie's would definitely get my business again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband and I recently went to Joshua Tree National Park. We decided to stay at Spin and Margie's because it was off the beaten path. We loved it! The rooms were so beautiful, clean and classy. It was like being in a 5 star resort in the middle of the desert. We stayed in Room 5. It doesn’t have a kitchen but you can use the community grill. The room does have a fridge and coffee maker (which is stocked with coffee and tea). The bathroom is supplied with nice towels and salon shampoos and soaps. I would definitely go back to this place. The cactus gardens were amazing. The whole property is beautifully landscaped with local plant life. It’s very close to the park. The room is stocked with lots of information about where to eat and what to see. The wifi was a really nice feature. All of the rooms have private porches where you can drink your morning coffee and have your evening cocktail. I can’t say enough about this place- other than it’s perfect for a desert get-away.

If you come here go to Pappy and Harriett’s to eat. It has really good bbq. Also if you don’t bring a laptop to get directions definitely bring a map to get around. My husband and I flew into LAS from Ohio and than drove through Mojave National Preserve. That was worth it if you like hiking. Joshua Tree was beautiful. You should hike the Oasis Palm hike at the southern end of the park (7.8 miles round trip). During March you will see a ton of desert wildflowers on the way there. Just remember to bring at least a gallon of water for your hike you will need it. And don’t forget to wear suntan lotion everywhere. I didn’t wear suntan lotion on my hands on day when it was cold because I was wearing on long sleeve shirt and jeans and didn’t think to wear it. By the end of the day my hands were beet red with sunburn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RyanandAngela
Seattle
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This place was great! Tastefully done, clean, great bed, nice decor! This was a cozy little place, very private. The bed was perfect, the bathroom was very clean and the mini kitchen was very efficient. I would come back here in a minute! It's a little close to the road and the road noise was a bit loud, but other than that it was perfect. Close to Joshua Tree Nat. Park.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kayakercat
MJEscobar
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Definitely a unique place to stay in Joshua Tree. Colorful, wacky, and off kilter, just the way I like it. Our room happened to be done up in a Mexican motif and was pink, green, yellow, and every other color you can think of. The only problem was that the bathroom door had slots in it... made it slightly uncomfortable for the bf and me, since we were sharing the room. Hearing your sig other have a tinkle is not the most romantic thing in the world... but we dealt with it.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJEscobar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#7 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway? Share your experiences!