Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
A hike to the Intersection Rock, Joshua Tree

The Intersection Rock, Joshua Tree is not to hard to climb. There are cars at the Intersection... read more

Reviewed April 13, 2020
Robby G C
Toronto, Canada
Great business

I have booked two different climbing experiences for my grandchildren. Both had to be amended... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2020

from $177.67
from $177.67
from $250.00
More Info
All reviews multi pitch rock climbing climbing experience outdoor climbing nice lunch gourmet lunch these guys the great reviews christmas day half day trip our honeymoon my girlfriend climbing routes comfort zone great guide an amazing experience felt safe
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2016

I have climbed before, but hadn't been out in over a year. Mike was a great guide and we went up an awesome rock - Saddle Rock, beside the Ryan Mountain Trail. He was experienced and the conditions phenomenal.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 7, 2016

I had no idea what to expect - but after I read the reviews on Trip Advisor I knew this was the place to go! I was right! Seth is a true professional and so much fun. We were both scared - and he was so patient with us! Took us to the most amazing place for lunch - incredible view, food and conversation. If you want to really experience Joshua Tree this is the place to book with.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

Actually, there is and I was scared. But Kelly was so positive and good with out family that she made us all feel accomplished.

Read the attachment they send you before hand, b/c we didn't and looked like total rookies without pants or enough water. You can buy water for $1 a bottle across from the meet up spot in town.

So Kelly, our guide, was great - totally supportive, positive and safe! And Sabra (owner) helped prep our climb, was also wonderful. Very memorable and unique experience. Only complaint is having to pay for entry into park. It's probably possible to include that as part of fee up front.

Scenery is so beautiful and unusual, that even if you have Cliffhangers guide you on a hike, you will see some truly incredible sights. Bring your camera!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Oversized T
Reviewed February 17, 2016

We had never rock climbed before. We didn't really know what to expect. We did a 1/2 day with Kelly and it was AMAZING! One of the most fun 1/2 days in an outdoor adventure we have ever had. Kelly knew her stuff and was super fun to be with. I can't recommend her enough! Top notch!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed February 4, 2016

I have taken one other outdoor climbing class before and it was not even comparable to the quality experience I had with Cliffhanger.

Seth and Sabra are the type of people who go above and beyond what is expected of them.

My climbing partner and I had a breathtaking trip up a four pitch route in Joshua Tree, guided by Seth. We told him our skill level and he picked out the perfect route for us on the fly. We were looking to learn more about multi pitch and trad climbing as most of our experience is with top rope and single pitch sport routes. We learned so much. Seth taught us about proper pro placement, setting up belay stations, climber etiquette, and shared stories of some of his adventures. He brought a snack to munch on at the top of our route which had the best views around, carried our water for us and even took photos on his own phone and emailed them to us. We both felt very safe and secure the entire time.

After the multi pitch day we had an incredible lunch.. healthy and substantial and plenty of variety so that even picky eaters would find something to enjoy. Then we went over to hop on some of the top ropes that were set up (we were in a huge group) and all of the guides were very serious about safety, which I appreciated. One of the guides even taught us a new self rescue knot and Sabra recommended a great juice spot for us to stop at on our way home. They were also great with time management.. making sure our large group were able to get the most climbing in as possible and didn’t waste time farting around.

Overall it was a great day that I will never forget. All the Cliffhanger guides are extremely knowledgable about climbing, rope management, Joshua Tree, and just all around kind, fun, and interesting people.

Date of experience: January 2016