“Great day of climbin”

Cliffhanger Guides
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Joshua Tree
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom Guided Joshua Tree National Park rock climbing advenutres! Cliffhanger Guides is Joshua Tree's boutique rock climbing guide service. We play with kids age 6 to 100. From beginner family play days to high end technical instruction and multi-pitch rock climbing advenutres. 5 hour 1/2 day, NO time limit full days, private instruction, and gourmet lunches....Company mission statement, "The more you give, the more you get". We look forward to showing you a amazing time in Joshua Tree National Park
Mill Valley, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great day of climbin”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Our family of five had a really nice day of rock climbing with Sabra and crew. She is really great with kids and choose climbs that were doable yet challenging. Kids said it was the best thing they did on our vacation

Oakland, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Cliffhanger guides won't leave you hanging”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My first time rocking climbing was an amazing adventure thanks to our knowledgeable and experienced guide, Sebra. My boyfriend and I are both beginner climbers but quickly picked up the basic techniques and had a very enjoyable day taking in the Joshua tree vistas from a bird's eye view. Highly recommend the cliffhanger guides - Sebra was fun to talk to, professional and definitely made us feel at ease experiencing this challenging new sport.

Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Best Rock Climbing Guide in Joshua Tree”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Top notch guiding service. Seth and Sabra we awesome and delivered from beginning to end. I could not have been more pleased. It was Cliffhanger Guides that allowed me to re-live some of the best climbing days of my of life and made me feel like I was climbing with a friend and not a guide. Thank you!
Not only will I come back, I want to bring the kids!

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best guides in Joshua Tree!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I had never been rock climbing and was super excited to book this trip. Low and behold, the federal government tried to ruin my vacation by shutting down and closing all national parks the day before my climb! Seth from Cliffhanger Guides saved the day. Instead of calling it quits because we couldn't get into the park (armed guards were paid to keep people out), he scouted an alternate site, which appropriately enough included Budget Crisis Crag, so named after the last government shutdown in 1995. I went from never climbing before to scaling a 50 foot rock face! It was great. The only problem was that I originally planned to hike and climb all day, but the alternate site didn't have as many options for a beginner. Once again, Seth came through. He became my tour guide to the town of Joshua Tree and even got me into a sound bath- it's not easy to explain, but a unique experience. He and his wife Sabra's hospitality was as wonderful as it was authentic. They are good at what they do not just because of their knowledge (which is vast), but also because their love of what they do shines through.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such an amazing day!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Sabra was just awesome! I love climbing, but am not a leader, so I decided to hire Cliffhanger for a day of climbing. Sabra took me on some epic climbs, and I had an amazing experience. She is someone that is so easy to hang out with, I honestly found that I wanted to be her friend :) Her story and passion for the outdoors is contagious. My friend had never climbed before and she somehow found a way to lead me up some challenging routes and give my friend a memorable first time experience all during the same day! Hiring a local (that is very safety conscience) that knows the routes was a great investment, and way to have a climbing day that perfectly fit my needs.

Visited March 2013