“The best guides in Joshua Tree!”
Review of Cliffhanger Guides

Cliffhanger Guides
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Joshua Tree
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom Guided Joshua Tree National Park rock climbing advenutres! Cliffhanger Guides is Joshua Tree's boutique rock climbing guide service. We play with kids age 6 to 100. From beginner family play days to high end technical instruction and multi-pitch rock climbing advenutres. 5 hour 1/2 day, NO time limit full days, private instruction, and gourmet lunches....Company mission statement, "The more you give, the more you get". We look forward to showing you a amazing time in Joshua Tree National Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best guides in Joshua Tree!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I had never been rock climbing and was super excited to book this trip. Low and behold, the federal government tried to ruin my vacation by shutting down and closing all national parks the day before my climb! Seth from Cliffhanger Guides saved the day. Instead of calling it quits because we couldn't get into the park (armed guards were paid to keep people out), he scouted an alternate site, which appropriately enough included Budget Crisis Crag, so named after the last government shutdown in 1995. I went from never climbing before to scaling a 50 foot rock face! It was great. The only problem was that I originally planned to hike and climb all day, but the alternate site didn't have as many options for a beginner. Once again, Seth came through. He became my tour guide to the town of Joshua Tree and even got me into a sound bath- it's not easy to explain, but a unique experience. He and his wife Sabra's hospitality was as wonderful as it was authentic. They are good at what they do not just because of their knowledge (which is vast), but also because their love of what they do shines through.

Visited October 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such an amazing day!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Sabra was just awesome! I love climbing, but am not a leader, so I decided to hire Cliffhanger for a day of climbing. Sabra took me on some epic climbs, and I had an amazing experience. She is someone that is so easy to hang out with, I honestly found that I wanted to be her friend :) Her story and passion for the outdoors is contagious. My friend had never climbed before and she somehow found a way to lead me up some challenging routes and give my friend a memorable first time experience all during the same day! Hiring a local (that is very safety conscience) that knows the routes was a great investment, and way to have a climbing day that perfectly fit my needs.

Visited March 2013
Hamilton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Climbing Session!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Sabra of Cliffhanger Guides is an exceptionally gifted teacher and a very talented individual!!! Her adventures have taken her all over the globe so it's gotta be stifling to show novice, middle aged climbers the ropes. Sabra was nothing but generous, fun and a complete whiz at packing the day full of climbing stuff. Everything was above and beyond what I expected a climbing session with a guide could be. Advice on traveling in the area was kindly offered, lunch was lovely, attention to every detail was impressive and climbing under Sabra's expert eye was incredibly fun. Technical ability and attention to detail are important baselines for choosing any guide company but what really makes a company stand apart is their ability to draw you back for more. Can't wait to return for more of the wonderful climbing in Joshua Tree set up by Cliffhanger Guides and looking forward to hearing the stories from Sabra's upcoming Mongolian 4,000 km kayak adventure!!!

Visited February 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

From the very first correspondence with Cliffhanger Guides it was clear that this was a first class company. The professional and friendly service was simply the best, Seth & Sabre go the extra mile when it comes to service and add that personal touch that makes all the difference!

I spent 3 days climbing with Seth and had a fantastic and very rewarding experience. The choice of routes for my experience was perfect. I was able to enjoy the climbing and at the same time learn new stuff and push myself to achieve my goals, feeling safe and under the watchful eye and control of Seth at all times.

If you want a guiding service that provides that little bit extra then this is the company, great guides, fantastic climbing, lovely lunches and all provided in a genuinely friendly and professional manner.

Thanks for a great time in JT, I'll be back next year!!!

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very professional feeling, freindly and helpful, organized great lunches, picked great routes, they definantly went out of their way to make my experience of climbing and joshua tree an unforgetable one. I learn't so much and enjoyed every minute of it and highly recommend them