“Tranquility at it's best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree Retreat Center at the Institute of Mentalphysics
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here and loved it. She is returning in February with a women's group. We had a great time. It was amazing being so far out away from all the distractions of the "real world" i.e. cell phones, tv, traffic, work, etc... Cannot wait to go again. We made some really good friends while there and have stayed in constant contact and planning a "reunion" in the near future

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kip B
There are newer reviews for Joshua Tree Retreat Center at the Institute of Mentalphysics

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I came here with a group. The atmosphere supported us completely in where we came for: a retreat in a sacred environment. The cottages are well maintained (although my 6 foot 7 is a challenge for bed and shower :-) and give good shelter in cold (heating) and extreme warm (airco) times of the year ... Outside it appears as if every inch is maintained by the gardeners .... Swimming pool and hot tub ... Wow

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2012

During my visit to JTNP, I made a stop at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center and am so glad I gave myself a few hours to wander around the extensive grounds. (Note: I did not stay overnight as a guest, but visited as a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture). This is a very peaceful spot -- there is an outdoor labyrinth you may walk. There is outdoor furniture situated around one of the fountains, giving another opportunity to simply sit and admire the beautiful area surrounding the center. The well-stocked bookstore is staffed with friendly and helpful people and is worth a look around.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I went into the bookstore to treat myself to something "Mentalphysical" and was asked to share my joy of being in such a wonderful place. I came from LA tired and depressed and left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. The place was clean, the food was wonderful, and everyone was so friendly. So close to LA and so far away from the stress! My friends and I plan on coming back when ever we can! What a beautiful way to see the Milky Way... what a wonderful time in the clean Joshua Tree atmosphere and desert panorama. Next time I'm bringing the entire family.

Room Tip: There's charm all over the place... ask for the cottages.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jasmine K
Reviewed October 7, 2011

wonderful place to go to for spiritual reconnection. View is beautiful. pool area and spa just remodeled and beautiful. The rooms although older are very nicely appointed. comfortable bed and very clean. Management is very well organized.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank shaunav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#7 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs
Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

Been to Joshua Tree Retreat Center at the Institute of Mentalphysics? Share your experiences!