$54
$52
Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree(Joshua Tree)(Great Value!)
$52
Casa De Frank(Joshua Tree)
Desert Lily(Joshua Tree)
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My girlfriend and I can't stop talking about our weekend at Mojave Sands. The decor and room design are the best I've seen in a motel anywhere in the world. The record player and collection, steam bath, paintings and sculptures really made the overall experience delightful, not to mention the staff and guests we met along the way. A++ rating for this beautiful, friendly and relaxing place. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GerardoChapa
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Just got back from our stay at the Mojave Sands for the July 4th weekend. It was so peaceful and relaxing. There are 5 rooms. Only two are suites, Suite 1 and Suite 5. Suite 5 is the roomiest and both have a mini kitchen. We stayed in Suite 1 and would definitely recommend it. The rooms are spacious but if you can get a suite, go for the suite! I'm not sure how you can call this a motel because this is so much better than your traditional/average motel. Everything was there for us including an awesome steam room/shower which was definitely enjoyed. There were fresh coffee beans in the grinder and an espresso machine and we didn't even need to bring our own dishes/silverware. The place is located just so, enough to make you feel like you are in the middle of the desert but only 10 minutes in either direction of gas stations, markets and shops. It is about 20-25 minutes from the west entrance of the Joshua Tree National Park.

The owner Blake and the manager Linelle were totally friendly and helpful. Most of the time, we stayed to ourselves since we had our own kitchen, but someone was always available if we needed something or had questions. We were told that the swimming pool should be up and running in about 6 months so we can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Mojave Sands, or 'Blakes' as we nick-named it, is going down as one of our 'special places'.
Not only was Blake extraordinarily kind, but the amount of work he has put in to the place is awe-inspiring.
The design is impeccable; stunning without being pretentious and totally befitting of the environment.
We were actually happy to have been there before the pool goes in, because we have no doubt, that once it does 'Blakes' is going to be the hottest ticket in the desert.
It was heart-wrenching to leave, can't wait to go back, sadly it's a long way from London, but we will find a way...

Room Tip: they are all lovely, but suite 5 is the best!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My second trip was even better than the first! This hotel is def one of a kind. The little details are all taken into account here. If you appreciate the finer things of life you will love this place. Blake was very hospitable and kind to our party. It is amazing to be able to deal directly with the owner and how down to earth he is. I have recommended this place to many of my friends and will continue to do so, check this place out!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Mojave Sands is absolutely one of a kind. You will never find another hotel like this anywhere. My fiance and I frequent the Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree area as a weekend escape from LA. We were headed to Hicksville one weekend and were redirected to Mojave Sands due to a technical difficulty. We were completely blown away at the beauty, craftsmanship, hospitality and serenity of Mojave Sands. The owner, Blake, is really, really good people and he gave us many suggestions on things to do and see in the area that we would have never discovered on our own. True landmarks of desert art and creativity, not to mention the hotel itself is a work of art. Awesome vinyl selection, eucalyptus steam showers in the suites (which I highly recommend, it's def worth the extra $), amazing interior and exterior design and fixtures, outdoor fireplaces and grills... I could go on and on, but honestly, check it out for yourself. Thank me later!

PS We are having our wedding at Mojave Sands in the Spring!!!

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask for a suite. There are 2.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family