“Relaxing and enjoyable...not "perfect", and great...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

mattpPort...
Porter Ranch, CA
“Relaxing and enjoyable...not "perfect", and great for the price. Plus a fee night!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Overall, we weren't looking for a luxurious hi-end rental, but more of a rustic, close to nature commune. This place was that. We are pretty mellow people and the few thing that were not quite right...well...we didn't let it interfere and we had a great stay!
The backyard and front porch were great! We slept in the hanging, outdoor daybed thingy for 2 night. Way cool! It was very very quiet...neighbors were far enough away as to not really notice them. Pool and hot tub were clean and working great. However...why the privacy fence is open to the highway I don't understand. They should move the fence to the highway side. Then peeps could sit in the hot-tub and watch the sunset! Naked!
If you like critters (we do), you got 'em! Geckos, a trio of white desert iguanas (right outside every morning), tarantula, kangaroo rats, cayotes...we saw some of these while exploring the desert after sunset, others hanging out in the yard. I wanted rattlesnakes but saw none...

We arrived late at night on July 3rd to a clogged bathroom sink and a shower that barely trickled. The next day was July 4th holiday so I can understand that made it difficult to fix the problems on that day but they did come out and fix both the following day. We did manage to run a hose to and outdoors shower setup and took a shower there! That was very rustic and in-line with our intended vacation plans of a desert getaway.
AND they did give us an extra night with a late checkout for FREE to compensate for the plumbing issues.

A couple other minor issues: The stereo system: only 1 outside speaker worked and was not that great overall, We are big music people and had I known the stereo was "weak" I would have brought my own. But it did play music! And in the backyard!
1 of the picnic bench seats in the yard was broken, but we only needed 1!

And we watched the 29 Palms fireworks display from the backyard!
And a great sunset in the backyard at night an great sunrise in the front yard every morning!

If you like a quiet, rustic retreat (with pool and hot-tub) this one is great!

PS: be nice to the local critters! They now have names!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and solitude
Liked least: Upon arrival: shower barely worked / bathroom sink was clogged. Wasn't fixed until the next day. But they gave us a free night to compensate for this.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ohio

CA
Reviewed June 15, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Traveling group: Solo traveler
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing