“Best vacation stay at Joshua Tree ever!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dang0rd0n...
Los Angeles, California
“Best vacation stay at Joshua Tree ever!”
Reviewed May 7, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was looking for a romantic getaway with my girlfriend in Joshua Tree and a friend suggested checking out a vacation home with Joshua Dessa Retreats. I took a look at the website and the homes look decent but you never really know what you're going to get to you get there. So let me give you the play-by-play because these people went out of their way to make this an amazing weekend for us. First of all, the directions were perfect. We had no problem finding the place and believe me it's pretty much out-of-the-way. So we walk in and the AC and light are already on so it's nice and cool but what was even more cool was the stereo was jammin awesome classic rock. There was a bottle of wine waiting for us with their own custom label and a handwritten note welcoming us to the home. The interior design of the home is so fun and funky we were sure that they must've hired a professional decorator. The bed was wonderfully comfortable which was great because we were beat. The next morning we got up and went out back to this terrific fun fenced in backyard with a huge swimming pool, Jacuzzi, outdoor dining table, barbecue pit, fire pit, horseshoes and hammock. The backyard is also beautifully landscaped with fun art and cool desert plants. They have outdoor speakers so we were able to jam wherever we went and the stereo system had a hook up for my iPhome. I brought a video projector so at night we raked up a screen and sat under the stars watching movies. The home is only 20 minutes away from Joshua tree national Park so we had a real easy ride there. I just can't say enough about how much Joshua Desert Retreats went out of their way to make sure that we had a fun, relaxing and romantic vacation. We look forward to another stay at one of their other homes. Do yourself a favor and book a vacation out here when you want a fun, funky and out-of-the-way vacation.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
joshcalki...
Costa Mesa, California
“Secluded and quiet, but…”
Reviewed August 23, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We came up here for a two day retreat to get away from it all in May. It is in the middle of nowhere so bring supplies: food personal items. We enjoyed the seclusion and the proximity of Joshua tree National Park. Well we thought we were alone, we were not. Someone came in each day and turn the Jacuzzi on the outside. That was a bit of a surprise. Overall the places quiet and out-of-the-way yet it in need of updating and repair. The A/C wasn't cooling off the bedroom enough. Bed was decent. Tile work and floors in kitchen need replacing. For 2 days we handled it. Would consider renting a different property next time. A bit pricey for the offering.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Remembery...
London, United Kingdom
“Great birthday”
Reviewed February 28, 2015 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

I spent my 40th birthday here. Pool was great fun, albeit chilly - but then it was April. The house is lovely, great decor and really cool. It's easy to get to and has beautiful views. If you're looking for peace in a retro cool property, this is for you.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Numbgum
San Diego, California
“What a surprise - loved this house”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

We booked this house sort of last minute and hoped we did not make a mistake....wow we were so impressed when we arrived. It is located off the beaten path but has all the amenities you would want for a week or weekend get a way. Our family of 4 fit very comfortably in this house and enjoyed both the inside and the outside. The kids enjoyed the hammock and the horse shoes - we all enjoyed the fire pit and the hot tub. My husband and son too remote control cars which were fun to use in all the dirt and we loved hiking around the area checking it out. We did one day at Joshua Tree which was nice and not too far but honestly we all enjoyed going back to the house and spending time there. This house was decorated very nicely and we enjoyed disconnecting from the world and relaxing as a family! Thank you - we will definitely be planning on going back and will recommend others to go.

Visit was for: Leisure

A romantic getaway
ca
Reviewed January 31, 2013 for a stay in February 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing