Tripadvisor

from $512.83
from $129.00
from $189.00
More Info
All reviews skull rock hidden valley palm springs keys view barker dam cholla cactus garden jumbo rocks the loop beautiful scenery day trip colorado desert visitor center government shutdown south entrance grand canyon bring lots of water the san andreas fault
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a beautiful park to spend at least 1/2 day at! This park was a lot bigger than I anticipated. It’s good to first stop at the visitor center for a map and know where to stop. As you drive further in you find more terrain to look at- the cactus, the trees, the boulders - it’s so unique and beautiful! I wish I had more time here. Make sure to bring some water with you.

1  Thank Vicki C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were happy to drive through and make a couple of stops. I don't see the need to stop everywhere.

I fantastic afternoon trip!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the highlights of our roadtrip to JTNP. The view is amazing overlooking the desert, valley, and mountains.

2  Thank mari_reys
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I took a picture on the road leading into the park, posing as roadkill in the desert, since there was no one there. The joshua trees are very cool and look beautiful in the vast desert. It's also fun to go climb skull rock. Disapointed I didn't see any tortoises. This visit was in November of 2012, not 2019

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful spot for a day trip or camping . Many different venues and you’ll marvel at the scenes. Not busy the day we drove through. Went from the South entrance to the North.