“One of few choices”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Good for: Scenic view
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Jenner is a small town, with only a few places to eat. This Indian restaurant has authentic Indian food and is situated on Hwy. 1 over the Russian River.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We always said we'd stop here one day, today was it. Allowed our choice of tables, we sat beside the window looking down at the Russian River and beyond to golden hillsides dotted with slow moving cattle. We ordered the tandoori lunch special for two and garlic naan bread. I found a suitable Sau. Blanc on the wine list and my husband savored a beer from India. Our lunch came chopped lettuce, green and plum sauces, a small serving of vegetable curry/stew, and such a large portion of rice that I was unable to consume all of it. The kebob and fish were my favorites while my husband devoured all the chicken masala on the platter. There were also less highly spiced chunks of chicken and beef and a bed of roasted onion which lent the plate a pleasing aromatic sent. Service, while not talkative, was attentive. perhaps English is a second language? The Bollywood movie playing behind the hostess area was a bit loud but brought to mind the happy, carefree musicals of the 1940's. Also distracting were the plastic flowers and one of the pieces of artwork showing a couple copulating at a dessert oasis. All in all it was a fun experience. Go for the adventure of something different than what one finds from day to day at home. Enjoy the good food and pretty view. We wondered if the sunsets can be seen from the dinning room. The deck area did not appear to be set for use.

2  Thank mbisme
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Heading north from San Francisco without a dinner plans and stumble upon this Indian restaurant in the middle of nowhere. A bit skeptical we checked out the menu to make sure it was authentic. Besides a less than talkative waitress and the too salty achar our vegetarian meal was a 10. What a treat.

1  Thank rgwmil
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm not real big on Indian food but there are not a lot of choices around here and I was on a special get a away with my husband who got all excited at the thought of Indian food. So, I sucked it up and didn't even complain when he said that is what he wanted. Glad I didn't because it really was good and the servers were super nice. We ordered to go and took it back to our hotel (jenner inn and cottages which I have also reviewed - and loved) and chowed it down! The complimentary bread (I forgot what it is called) was YUMMY! :)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We got there shortly before the restaurant was due to close, so that might account for the service being some what cold. The food was good. I had tandoori chicken and naan bread. They were tasty and well prepared. I did not like the fact they charge $3.25 for a bowel of rice. I would expect the rice to come as a part of the entree.

1  Thank DCMike82