“Wow, Wow, Wow.”

River's End Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
River's End Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Jenner
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The epicenter of Sonoma Coast dining...the River's End is located in the quaint village of Jenner by the Sea about 20 minutes north of Bodega Bay. The restaurant is set on a bluff overlooking the Russian River spill into the Pacific Ocean. During lunch you can watch the Osprey dive in the river for fish or the harbor seals frolic at riverside. Dinner time is all about the sunset - the show is worth the visit. Fortunately, the restaurant chefs and service staff aim to outdo the natural surroundings. The kitchen prepares California cuisine with a focus on local ingredients. Chef Martin Recoder prepares menus that are changing with the seasons and delight the heart. The service staff is led by Maitre d'/Owner Bert Rangel, who has owned and managed the restaurant for over 10 years. The Chef in the Redwood Bar is talented Patrick Keane. Trained at the French Culinary Institute, Patrick utilizes the freshest ingredients and classic techniques to create truly "Artisanal Cocktails".
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We made reservations at The Rivers End to see the sunset and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is small but the staff is very friendly and professional. The view is spectacular but the food was really amazing. We had a party of 4 and everyone agreed it was probably the best meal we had all week. I had the fresh king salmon with black rice and watermelon salad, and it was the best salmon I have ever eaten. All the seafood is fresh and local. The desserts are homemade, including the strawberry ice cream with wine reduction. Great place.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our group of 6 adults came here based on a recommendation from our wine tour guide. We were not disappointed. We tried to have lunch on a Saturday without a reservation and were told it would be an hour and a half wait. We were quite hungry and at first, decided to go elsewhere, but the view was outstanding so we decided to have a drink on the porch first. What a good decision! The Bloody Mary was the best Bloody Mary that I have ever had. The view was mesmerizing and it was a perfect fall day. Just as we were finishing our drinks, the host came out and told us that a table would be open in a few minutes. We only ended up waiting about 30 minutes or so. I found the service to be good. Not outstanding but certainly attentive. I would agree that the wine list was great - lots of local wines that you can't find anywhere else. The wine we chose was the best one that we had on our whole trip (Moshin Rose) - and we did tastings at quite a few wineries. I started with the ceviche, which was delicious. Perfect amount of citrus and acid. And the salmon with the watermelon salad was so fresh that I think they must have caught it that morning. Others in our group raved about the duck confit rolls, beet salad and the prawns. We were very pleased with this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. The view alone is worth the trip, even if you can't make it for a sunset.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was a little bit nervous about eating here after reading some of the negative reviews. We were here in mid September and my wife and I had a great time. First of all, the views are outstanding. This is worth at least a star on its own Secondly, I ordered the seasonal salmon with watermelon salad, which I normally don't do and it was amazing. Some of the freshest tasting fish I'd had and I normally don't see much difference between salmon dishes. This was so fresh, filling, yet light. The service is by no means effusive or overly amazing but is very efficient and professional. The music is old school and they play lots of sinatra-esque type classics. A very romantic place if you're not looking for really fancy or modern surroundings. The wine list was great too with many unique local selections. Go 30 mins to an hour before sunset and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had high hopes for this establishment, as it was recommended by a local, however, it was somewhat disappointing. Pros: the view, large back deck overlooking ocean, location, nice wine selection, good service. Cons: fly in my water, rather small facility, our table was small and cramped in a corner; chairs and carpet were rather dated. Atmosphere could have been so much better. My beet salad was not really a salad at all. Just beats stacked up on top of each other. It's a shame, because it could be so much better with some small changes. My husband did enjoy his dinner--salmon. The salmon chowder was also very good.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We came with friends for dinner and to stay overnight. We arrived late afternoon and spent a pleasant time in the bar, the bar tender was a delight.
After checking into our rooms we returned for dinner. The choice was not extensive and it is not cheap but the quality of the food was excellent. I had the tricolour beetroot starter which was delicious and then the main course, vegetable napoleon was stunning.
Our friends had the creme brûlée and I just had to taste it......delicious.
We found the service on the slow side, we had to search for the staff to pay the bill. We thought that this might be because they knew we were staying there and therefore we were in no rush, but I am not so sure.