All reviews record player timber cove ping pong fire pit scallops mid century sonoma coast an ocean view room bocce ball amazing views yoga mat forest view david kerr an amazing job wedding weekend rustic charm soaking tub
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Our first time at Timber Cove and one we will remember for it's great location on top of the bluff. The drive up from San Francisco on the ocean road was very twisty, but the upside is all the stop off points to pull over and take photographs of the various rock stacks in the sea, very picturesque. We loved the casual but comfy style of Timber Cove. Our ocean view room was brilliant with it's balcony looking straight out to sea. The bed was exceptionally comfy. The bathroom only had a shower, but it was a good one, and the Aesop bath products were plentiful and smelled divine. We were pleased with the food and the service. Unfortunately we only had one night there as we were on our way to Sonoma, but would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Go for the ocean view rooms, the hotel overlooks the ocean so that's what you want to see when you wake up each morning.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2019

My daughter and I spent 4 days there as a getaway mother/daughter vacation. Our room was lovely, and champagne awaited us upon arrival. We had a balcony that overlooked the cove, giving us a spectacular view. The room was heated with a charming gas fireplace. The skylight had a retractable shade, so we weren’t awakened at dawn. There were several lovely places to sit, both inside and out, and all menu items for all meals were available at any of these locations as well as for room service. The food was delicious and the staff well trained and gracious. The beds were literally the most comfortable I’d ever slept in! It was hard to leave! Heaven on earth, a gorgeous and serene slice of northern CA’s bounty.

Room tip: The coast cove view rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2019

We've gone to Timber Cove for years and often take visitors to show the beauties of the place where the Sonoma Coast kisses the forest. Rustic charm in tact after handsome renovations. Well-trained staff, apparently from nearby Pomo native American reservation, provides congenial service. Chefs produce excellent and well-presented dishes. The setting is perfectly lovely and an easy two hour drive from Berkeley. Ocean view rooms outside lodge afford private decks with gorgeous outlooks.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

This is my second time here. It's really a lovely gem and the views can't be beat. The first time I stayed I had an "Ocean View" room and it was perfect. The second I had a "Forest View" room which overlooks the patio, parking lot and hwy 1. If you are sensitive to noise I highly recommend the "Ocean View" room. On my second visit I was sad that the record player didn't function, there were cobwebs on the ceiling and something that looked like mold in the bottom the kettle. I did pay a lot less for this room since I figured I could walk out any time and go see the ocean. Food was amazing as always. Staff is really nice. Despite my latest experience I would return.

Room tip: Ocean View Rooms are the best and quietest.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We just held our wedding at Timber Cove and couldn’t have been happier with the entire experience. The location is of course magical, but the staff, food, drinks, general service, decor, the whole nine was nothing short of incredible. Debbie, the events manager at TC, took us under her wing and did anything & everything —over a period of months— to ensure our big day was special. We literally can’t thank her enough. Same goes for the front desk staff, food & beverage team —especially the food & bev director(!), the bartenders and service staff— and the countless others who went out of their way to make our guests feel welcome. Simply put, we’re eternally grateful. Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DavidAhern, General Manager at Timber Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear joe w,
It was such an honor to have you with us as you celebrated your wedding! Thank you for the kind words about our team, the food, drinks and especially Debbie. All best wishes on a lifetime of happiness together. Come back and see us again soon.
Cheers,