“Spiced Chai Latte”

Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Spiced Chai Latte”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

All I can say is this was the best Chai Latte (with a kick!) I've ever had in my life and I'm trying hard to duplicate the recipe. That's all I ordered. I was only disappointed that on the way back home, when they were not open early enough for us and I had been so looking forward to it all the way from Gualala.
The price was reasonable, like Chai Latte's anywhere else. The server was friendly. I used cash. Don't like swiping my card when I'm away from home anyway. And if your on the coast anywhere, expect a portapotty. If you're the snooty type, you won't like it there. You're not in the city anymore. Relax and go with it. The patio over the river is amazing. When I get back to Bodega Bay and the Sonoma Coast again, this place will definitely be on my list of places to pop in.
Again, I'm just a chai drinker. And I got better than I expected.

• Visited September 2013

Worcester, Massachusetts
“MEH.............”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Seemed like a cool place to stop for lunch.
Please do not call what you are serving clam chowder. It is a soup.
chow·der (choudr)
n.
1. A thick soup containing fish or shellfish, especially clams, and vegetables, such as potatoes and onions, in a milk or tomato base.
Nothing thick about this soup, heavy handed with the seasoning as well. Also a note to the kitchen, when you have orders placed and customers are waiting, it is probably NOT a good time to sit and eat your own lunch, while people are waiting for theirs and half of the party is already eating.

2 Thank BeenthereWorcester
Landaff, New Hampshire
“Only the view is memorable”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beautiful spot on the river but food is average and overpriced. There's no bathroom, and they only take cash, which is a pain. Some annoying regular kept throwing a ball into the river causing a wet dog to come barreling past our table to fetch it.

2 Thank mbeau55
San Rafael, CA
“Love Their Clam Chowder!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Cafe Aquatica is a mandatory stop on our way home from a weekend at The Sea Ranch. The clam chowder is some of the best in Northern California - not thickened with flour but full of clams and veggies, served topped with crisp croutons that soak up some of the tasty broth. It is so hard to find clam chowder that doesn't have the consistency of library paste! When I'm really hungry I order the crab sandwich made with focaccia bread. Delicious. And as noted in other reviews, the coffee is the best. Now, if I could stop myself from ordering the chowder every time we stop there I'm sure I'd find more items to rave about!

Bring cash and expect to eat outside on a bench or chair facing the Russian River, breathing in the brisk ocean air. There are only 2 small tables inside. If you love fresh and (mostly) local, you'll love Cafe Aquatica.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank margie1928
New York City, New York
“Great coffee, Average Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Their drip coffee is fantastic - bold and strong. The view by the river is quite nice too. I'd probably pass on their salads and pastries (we had a tuna salad and a gluten-free ginger strawberry scone) The tuna salad tasted like they took a can of albacore tuna, drained it, and poured it over a bag of salad greens. Healthy for sure, but not really tasty. the scone was so dry i had to run in and buy a can of coconut water which put me back $3.50.

No restrooms (they direct you to a port-a-potty across the street) and no wifi.

There are few options in Jenner so this is alright - you pay for the view. In any other large market, however, this would be a pretty typical coffee shop.

1 Thank amogle