“New deluxe breakfast”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
Elk Grove, California
“New deluxe breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Enjoyed nice buffet, with pancakes, french toast, scrabbled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels. Yes! Also genuinely kind managers. Thank you

Room Tip: First and third floors have easy entry (no stairs) due to hillside location and choice of front or r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank greglucas27
countryinnsonora, Front Desk at Country Inn Sonora, responded to this review, November 14, 2015
Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

CW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms are beautiful. The front desk is very helpful & cooperative: I got lost and they stayed on the line. I was on my drive back from rafting and had a message waiting hoping I didn't get lost on my way back! I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chachelena

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Judging from the photos online of this hotel it looks to be a fairly nice place. The rooms had been somewhat upgraded, but I don't think they are as clean as they should be. Carpets seemed to need a good shampooing. Our room was directly in front of the pool, which at times did get a little loud. The beds do not fit the platforms they are on so we were constantly smacking our legs on the corners of the platform. I came home with a couple of bruises from it. I did not try the breakfast. Location was good! I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Newark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We booked two rooms here, for two nights. The rooms looked nicely updated, but were dirty. There were crumbs under the table, and the towels were all stained, and in some places even looked dirty. The breakfast was, well....plan on supplementing it if you plan on doing any hiking at Yosemite or anything. Expect two choices of dry cereal, and a Danish. Oh, and coffee. You may also need to sit on the floor to eat, as our family did. There is seating for six. That's all. The one saving grace of this hotel is the pool. Aside from having to skim it ourselves (lots of buggies), it is beautiful, and a decent size. The female management is extremely rude, so try doing business with non-family staff. You will be much happier. Pray for no "issues" or problems. You will not win. These people are out for all they can get. Oh yeah, watch out for the wood around the beds--expect some bruising.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy W

San Dimas, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We have stayed in the Sonora area numerous times over the years, however this was our 1st time at the Country Inn. We had a small group going up, and made our reservations well in advance - online. A few days before we arrived, I needed to modify our reservation, however the online service was only capable of cancelling and starting over...NOT what "modify" means. (they have a modify/cancel "button" on the site) The online reservations ask if you need multiple rooms, but will not allow you to reserve mutiple rooms. You have to reserve 1 at a time - with a DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD FOR EACH.

I called the hotel, and they stated they had no control over the online bookings. When we checked in, I asked the clerk how to modify our reservations, she said just give us 24 hour notice - no problem. So, 24 hours before the change was needed, I was back at the desk to make the changes. At that time the "live and in person" lying began. I was told that it needed to be 24 hours before check in, not 24 hours notice (it is just 24 hours notice before the change per the reservation info), they had no control over the online reservations, the manager had the computer blocked, on and on.

I however refused to be charged for a night that we were not going to be there, so I persisted. I explained this process had begun almost a week ago, and I was not able to get a straight answer for a number of days. The "clerk" (who I believe was just a family member of the owners) was upset that I refused to get screwed out of our money, so she put me on the phone with the online reservation people - who promptly told me that the HOTEL had to make the change - NOT them. Miraculously, after the "clerk" spoke to the online people, she walked right over to the computer and modified our reservation. *A MIRACLE* since she had said directly to my face she had no control/ability to modify anything. LIES

The continental breakfast was held in an oversized broom closet. What a joke - we've had better breakfasts at Super 8. The rooms had been redone, I could tell by the paint drips all over the walls in the bathroom. The Wi-Fi didn't work on the smartphones, or the kindles - only a laptop. NON-Family employees are very nice and helpful.

The hotel overall is average. Decent size rooms. However the family members that own/operate this place give it a bad name. What a shame that this hotel is a black eye for Jamestown. Next time, we stay in Sonora!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank A996ontrak

CW

Travelers are raving about these Jamestown hotels

bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

We went to Yosemite for the long weekend and wanted to stop over midway somewhere to Tahoe. Most hotels were expensive but Country Inn Sonora was not. So I was not expecting much from the hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. Quality of room, service and proximity to city was all very

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank harshasrao

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in the Country Inn in Jamestown in April 2012. We were very impressed by the new renovation and upscaled modern decor. The service was warm, friendly and professional. they were knowledgeable about the community. Four star all around! We've been traveling to the Mother Lode country for many years....this is the best accomodations by far!

Room Tip: upstair by pool area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bythesea129

CW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 8 in Sonora
Jamestown Hotel
Jamestown Hotel
#1 of 5 in Jamestown

Been to Country Inn Sonora? Share your experiences!