“A Good Place to Stay”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived in Jamestown in the evening of June 28, 2013 during a very hot spell. The temperature was supposed to be 107 on June 29. The hotel representatives showed us two air conditioned options and we chose the cabin. The price was excellent for the accommodations. The hosts are friendly, unpretentious, and helpful. I highly recommend Royal Carriage Inn.

Room Tip: The cabins are a good value with a full kitchen and a bathtub.
2  Thank ann r

Reviewed June 29, 2013

quaint, old but roomy , we had one of the cottages and it was like a apartment, fridge, microvave stove, full kitchen, great place for a extended stay, friendly staff, no problems , quiet , would stay here again .

Room Tip: no pool or fitness room but you have to click them to give a rating. for excercise just walk down th...
1  Thank dluep1
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all, after a long day wandering around Yosemite, I'd like to say how much we loved how friendly and welcoming the staff were, we've been in America touring around the west for 3 weeks now and generally the reception has been poor. Both people we met on check in we're very friendly.

The royal carriage is what I imagine to be steeped in history and has a real story to tell, Jamestown Main Street reminds me of the old westerns I loved it. Completely different from anything in the UK. The decor in the room was good and fresh, the only thing I would say is that the shower head is a bit low, but I'm tall, and then bathroom door wouldn't shut which is a bit embarrassing!! Beds were comfy but sheets had little black hairs on them, we brushed them off, nothing to worry about.

Also for the price we weren't expecting breakfast but we received the best breakfast we've had all trip, such a spread!! Toast, pastries, juice, coffee, and much more, the owner offered to make us pancakes!!! Our first American pancakes whilst in the US and they were fantastic! Thank you so much! We were set up for our onward trip to San Francisco.

Free wifi, what's not to love.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jesscoombs91
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A great low cost ,good value hotel. Jimmy the new very helpful and welcoming owner made our short stay special. We hope he makes a success of this new business venture,he deserves to. The hotel is generally in need of refurbishment but despite this it currently represents great value for money. Free WiFi is a real bonus.

2  Thank John D
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear John D,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodation needs. We are constantly upgrading our property and have also install more powerful A/C in our cottages and hard wire an additional Wi-Fi repeater to ensure that our guest receive the best connection available.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I wanted a safe, clean, private, comfortable, welcoming cottage with kitchen in an intriguing location and I got exactly what I needed and wanted at a perfect price point. Reminds me of a bed and breakfast-not a like a hotel. Breakfast included hot pancake, juices, hot beverages, toast, oatmeals, fruit, and danish. In the heart of Jamestown-an awesome, quaint location with lots of shops to investigate and places to eat all within walking distance. The manager Jim and staff are pleasant and considerate. I loved my stay here and you will, too.

Room Tip: Ask and you will receive; owner/manager Jimmy is eager to accommodate your requests. Call him person...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimham11

Dear Kimham11,

Thank you so much for staying with us and recognizing our staffs. They were all please to have been able to assist you during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were touring the Sierra Nevada/Yosemite Region. Our overnight stay here was a perfect location. Very friendly staff. Our room on the second floor reminded me of a bed & breakfast. Bathroom was across the hall, but there was a sink in the room. Would stay here again if traveling through this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oktobeme

Dear Oktobeme,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodation needs while touring the Sierra Nevada/Yosemite Region. All our rooms do come with a nice vanity sink and I’m glad your had a great experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family members, my friend and I spent 2 nights on 05/25 and 05/26/2013. I booked 3 rooms. They are very clean. The owner, Jimmy is very nice and helpful. He served breakfast to customers.
If my family members and I come back Jamestown, we'll stay this hotel.
Amie Nguyen

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amie N
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Amie N,

It was my pleasure to serve your family and you breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and thank you again for visiting our small western town on your way to Yosemite Park.

Jimmy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Jamestown Hotel
0 mi away
Jamestown Railtown Motel
Jamestown Railtown Motel
#3 of 6 in Jamestown

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage? Share your experiences!