“Not perfect,but will serve your needs.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We needed a holiday getaway at a budget-friendly price so decided to stay here. Not the worst place ever, but definitely in need of repairs. For the area, the price is reasonable. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Cleanliness of bedding could be better. Found a dust bunny between the duvets and a dirty spot on one of the top sheets. Cottage 8 has all the basic ammenties plus a kitchenette. Nice to have the fridge for stocking up on perishables. Window blinds in this unit don't work and are in need of replacing. The building slopes to the rear which makes the bathroom door unable to close properly. As noted by a previous post, parking is awkward without a back driveway. If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Cottages are a better value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kalifornia-Kelly
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Kalifornia-Kelly,
Thank you for selecting us for your holiday getaway. I do apologize for our small driveway and the condition of your private cottage. We have implemented additional measures to ensure that your next stay with us will be more pleasant. We are constantly improving our property while preserving the original 1800 historical look. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reasons, including during your stay with us. Your complete satisfaction is our main goal.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room was cozy and the bed was so comfortable that I had the best sleep. The manager was particularly friendly. It was my first time to the area and the location made it easy for me and my boyfriend to go exploring. The property was clean and well maintained! Perfect Experience - I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whitney M

Dear Whitney M,
Thank you for visiting Tuolumne County and electing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a “perfect experience”. We hope to see you soon and have a safe drive back to San Francisco.
Owner

Reviewed December 22, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. We were looking for place to spend an overnight close to Columbia. We were planning to get our Christmas tree the following day. I wasn't expecting much because pf the great room rate. Thinking it was only for one night it wouldn't matter that much. The room, all though small, was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise we didn't know it was included.
The only negative was parking. The off street parking at the hotel is ample, however, the parking lot is not a drive thru and turning around to leave is a hassle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BIZMODEL

Dear Bizmodel,
Thank you choosing us for your accommodation needs while passing through Jamestown, CA. I hope that you were able to locate your perfect Christmas tree. From our entire staffs here, happy holiday and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in and she was super friendly and didnt mind that it was a little late. She even helped me find a few different places to eat. I appreciated all her extra help. She was super pleasant upon our departure and said that we shoud come back again and i plan on coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara K

Dear Sara K,
Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted and it is our pleasure to have been able to assist you during your stay with us. We hope to see you soon and please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

came to town for a business meeting. this was last minute, i didnt reserve a room and figured id try my luck and take what i could get. the first hotel i came to was outragously priced, yes im sure its adorable, im just not paying over $100 for a night. Hotel #2 ( right down the road) was Royal Carriage. very old fashioned and very cozy looking. i was greeted by Carly immediately, explained my purpose coming to town. i was shown 3 different rooms, never feeling rushed. Deciding on a garden cottage for my evening. Absolutely wonderful experience here! Tiana serviced my room and did a fabulous job! Their bedding is white..fresh white. room smelled great! bathroom couldnt have been cleaner! I'll sure be back..when i have time to relax and enjoy this quaint town!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Audrina C
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Audrina C,
Thank you for sharing your personal experience online and staying with us during your business trip. I am glad that Carly was able to show you multiple rooms and find one that best suited your needs. Your satisfaction is our main goal. Thank you for giving us a chance and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was my family's second time staying here. Past times have been for vacation and family time however this time we stayed here due to a loss in the family. Management really went above and beyond to accommodate and help us feel at home. I highly recommend the Royal Carriage, due to new management, this place has really changed for the better and is a great place to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Raqui1221,
Please accept my sincere condolences. I wish you a save journey home and please let us know if you need anything else while visiting the area. Our warm and helpful staff is always eager to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Where do I even begin with our recent hotel experience with this hotel? We found this hotel online, after reading positive reviews and the comments about it being under new ownership. Sure, the past reviews were awful, but we thought maybe things had changed for the better with the new ownership and we'd give it a try. My husband, myself and our 4 year old (who fell asleep in the car) arrived around 6:40 on a Saturday night. My husband parked the car, and left me and our sleeping son in the parking lot while he checked in. He walked into the lobby, and saw a sign that said "Be back in 10 minutes!". Another man and his son were in the lobby, and told my husband that they had already been waiting 30 minutes before my husbands arrival, so not to count on the 10 minutes. Sure enough, 25 minutes of waiting for someone to check us in, a lady pulls up in the parking lot (obviously wasn't just taking a break in the back, but was off of the property) and walks in. She checks us in, and gives my husband the key to our cabin. We find out parking spot, start unloading, and we carry our sleeping child up to the door (freezing outside by the way!) just to find out that the key for our cabin doesn't work. I go back to the car to keep our son warm, and my husband goes to fix the issue. The lady comes and opens the door for my husband while she gets the key working. After a little wait, my husband comes to get my son and I says "I'm warning you now...it's bad." I was tired, and I really just wanted to get some sleep so I said "Well, we'll just have to tough it out." Oh, but what I walked into was a LOT worse than I expected.First the smell was awful, but I thought that it was a "old" hotel, so it was to be expected. Next I always do a blanket check, rather I'm staying at a 5 star hotel, or a 2 star motel. I pull back the blankets, and I see that the blanket between the duvet cover that once was obviously white, was now stained yellow. I then look at the pillows, and 3 out of 4 pillows were stained yellow. Not just yellow, like spots and stains of yellow. The carpets were dirty, and stained. The blinds were dirty and broken, the only heat was two portable heaters, the bathroom had pee on the floor behind the toilets,in front of the toilets the floor looked as if it had cigarette burns on the floor, dead bugs were on the wall, and get this...no toilet paper. Worse hotel/motel experience I have ever had, and I've been to a hotel where bugs were coming out of the sink. We booked a room at another hotel in a nearby town, and checked out of this disgusting place as fast as we could. We visit often since our family lives nearby, and we have already made it known that this is a hotel that they should NEVER recommend to any visiting friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kimberly A

Dear Kimberly A,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the room. Our Innkeeper had a family emergency. We immediately called in a relief to cover the front desk. Unfortunately, our relief did make a mistake by offering you a room that was not ready which would explain why you had problem with the room key. Our staff immediately realizes the error and offered you a new room that was ready. I have personally contacted your booking reservation and requested a full refund. Please let me know if that has not yet happen and I will follow up on the issue.
Again, please accept my sincere apologize for the honest mistake and do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any other questions or comment. Please accept my personal invitation of 1 nights stay on us next time you are in the area so we may amend for our original error.
Owner,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 8 in Sonora
Country Inn Sonora
Country Inn Sonora
#5 of 5 in Jamestown

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage? Share your experiences!