“Great food, ambiance, and service!”

National Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in The Historic National Hotel on Main Street Jamestown, CA this acclaimed restaurant with an award winning wine list and full service bar make this THE restaurant in the California Gold Country., Dine on our vine covered patio, in our turn of the century dining room or in our old west Gold Rush Saloon. We serve a Mediterranean Cuisine accented with herbs from our own garden. And you won't want to miss our house-made desserts from Bananas Foster created tableside to our much awarded cheesecake. We look foreward to seeing you!Open Daily for Lunch and Dinner 11:30 a.M. - 10 P.M. / Sunday Brunch 10 a.M. - 3 P.M.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We spent two days at the National Hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Owner Stephen Willey is a consummate host, and is always on hand to make sure service and food are up to par. I had the Crusted Mahi, and was delighted with the taste and servings I received. And the wine list is very admirable, as most all of the wines are from the local areas. Very beautiful hotel, and the staff are very professional and accommodating. We had a group of 18, and found the service very timely for our large group, and impeccable service.

3  Thank Donna B

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've heard so many wonderful things about the resturant at the National Hotel. It came very highly recommended by several people, including local shopkeepers and residents. So, the fact that our dinner was so terrible leads me to believe that we were unforunate enough to choose an "off" night.

Positives- the atmosphere is fantastic. Beautiful dining room, nice music... very elegant and romantic. Our waitress was very friendly.

Negatives- Our food was terrible. Absolutely awful. My husband and I both ordered the tortellini with alfredo sauce. The tortellini was chewy, as though it had been microwaved. The sauce was watery. I don't just mean thin, I mean watery. It wasn't even sticking to the pasta. The water was so chlorinated, we couldn't even drink it.

The food is very expensive, which would have been acceptable if it were good. As it were, we left the resturant extremely disappointed. The other reviews lead me to believe that we just picked a bad night. However, with the resturant being as expensive as it is, I can't imagine we'll be willing to risk giving The National Hotel a second chance any time soon.

2  Thank HoffBees
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our dinners were excellent. The service was great! The beer recommended by the bartender was perfect for us!

2  Thank Edie S
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was delicious, especially the baked brie appetizer. My wife and I enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant and the just right amount of attentiveness from our waitress. The owner/manager made a short trip to our table to make sure that we were satisfied with our food. Our only mild complaint - the creme brulee' was excellent but such a very disappointing small serving. That said the rest of the dessert list was very impressive, but we had no room to try any others. Would go there again without hesitation.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I ate dinner at the restaurant with my brother. Had done the same last year and wanted a return and the table with the street view and a reasonably quiet restaurant so we could talk.

I had asked for that table the day before when phoning the reservation and when we arrived at the reservation time we had to wait 20+ minutes until that table was available and cleared. Since it was the day of a street event perhaps they had more customers than they anticipated and there was a senior sitting there taking his time. (I can say that because I'm a "senior" also! :-( )

We were driving 20 or 30 minutes from and back to Angels Camp to go to this restaurant.

We did get seated and both enjoyed our meals. Very good food and though for some reason they won't let the waitress leave a pitcher for a refill of our ice tea at the table, the waitress was very good at keeping our glasses full. We were parched after a long day at the Ironstone Concourse in Murphys viewing 300+ cars on the grass in the sun.

We appreciated the chance to "recover" from the long day in the sun and were not hurried and were able to take all the time talking during dinner.

This is definitely my FIRST CHOICE for dinner or lunch in Jamestown. My wife concurs and she's eaten there several times with me.