“A friendly reception and good wine - try it out”

Gianelli Vineyards Winetasting
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Jamestown
Saint Nazaire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A friendly reception and good wine - try it out”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our first serious tasting of Californian wine. we live in France and are quite familiar with tasting in French vineyards so it was quite a different experience. We liked the wine (Italian style) and purchased several bottles to didn't need to pay the $5 tasting charge. For that we got a friendly and interesting overview of the Gianelli business and wines. Montepulciano, Dolcetto, Sangiovese, La Dolce Vita, Vermentino, all worth a taste!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Stephen B

Jamestown
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best local wine”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Best wine in the county by far. Very good deal for $5.00 tasting.
They have won many awards for there wines. I should not let out the secret because they run out of my favorites already as it is. So if you do buy there wine please don't stock up. Save some for me.

Placerville, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good wine and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great winetasting experience. Friendly staff and great wine. Only issue....we bought a bottle of the gourmet olive oil which was delicious, however high mark up. It was $5.00 cheaper per bottle at the food mart store right down the sidwalk.

Visited April 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Friendly and good Italian wines”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

What a great value!!! $5 for a tasting and refunded if you buy anything. I tasted about 10 wines. Not a loser in the bunch. It was really hard to decide what I didn't like. Very worthwhile stop in a very cute little historic town. You wont be disappointed

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. There is a $5 fee to partake in the wine tasting but it gets waivered if you buy a bottle of wine from them. We left with a gorgeous bottle of red that I can't bear to open quite yet because I know once I do and it's gone that will be it because we can't obtain it from the UK!

Visited August 2013