“The beds were good and the hotel was convenient”

Best Western Amador Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed one night and might stay there again. They were having plumbing problems and we had no hot water in the morning. The beds were great, the air conditioner worked, and the room was clean and those three are important to me. It is an older hotel and could use some sprucing up, Eight of us stayed there, walked to and ate at Denny's (yes, Denny's) and all of us had a great meal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My 2nd night of stay....It looked like the room was only 1/2 cleaned, bed was not made, and all of the towels were taken away. I did not realize this until I stepped out of the shower, and realized there were no towels in the room. I dried off with a wash cloth. Went to the front counter, and all they had were two hand towels. So all in all this was not a good experience! At checkout I asked if I could apply my stay to the rewards program. I did not realize there was a rewards program until the third night of my stay. I was only honored the points for the third day, as this is when I signed up. I think a reputable corporation should honor the points for my entire stay. Also because I had to deal with the NO TOWEL SITUATION. That would be a fair trade.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I hesitated to stay at this hotel after reading negative reviews, but there were so many positive that I took a chance. ( I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and felt I would ask for another room if that was an issue.) Because there was a problem with the the cable TV we were moved to another room. Both rooms were clean and clean smelling and in good repair.

I was impressed with the cordiality and helpfulness of the staff. And the breakfast was as usual, and with an abundance of nice fruit.

The location of the hotel was very convenient.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Broken items in room, bath door would not close properly. Non-smoking room was full of smoke odor. Hallways full of smoke, until the management decided to turn on exhaust system. No information on breakfast was given. The people in the room next to us, exactly the same, paid less that we did,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We reserved two rooms at this hotel. There were a few issues with the reservation, but they were able to ultimately come up with "non-smoking rooms" as we had requested. Upon going to the first room, we were overwhelmed with a smike smell when we opened the door, and the second room was not much better. We were told that these were the only rooms they had, and they would happily move us to a smoking room if we wished, which we declined. One of the rooms was quite chilly so we went to turn on the heater, but heater had an "out of order sign" on it. We again called the front desk, and while they were friendly we were told that there was not anything they could do to assist us, as it was a Saturday night and they would not be able to fix it. Upon checking out, I brought our concerns up again, the clerk said that she was very sorry to hear about our experience, but offered nothing else. I then asked to speak with a manager, but they were unavailable and to date have not returned my message.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It looked clean on the outside and in the web pics, but smelled awful of cigarettes and some unknown fumes throughout the building. We decided to make use of the Denny's for breakfast and that did mitigate an overall poor stay experience. The food was better than we usually find at diners.

Thank C. B
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A convenient location when visiting the gold country. Clean rooms , but a bit dated. The breakfast was the typical waffles, cereal, etc. The desk staff are very nice and the employees very friendly and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the smoking room section is mixed in with the non smoking section. The smell of stale smoke was bad(I'm an ex-smoker). You don't smell it in the rooms , but it smells in the hallways. This hotel has two separate buildings and the smokers should be staying in one building and the non smokers in the other building.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
#1 of 2 in Pioneer
The Jackson Lodge
The Jackson Lodge
#5 of 7 in Jackson

Been to Best Western Amador Inn? Share your experiences!