“Hoping this wasn't business as usual...”

Best Western Amador Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Amador Inn for two nights over Thanksgiving. The room was spacious, clean, bedding was quite comfortable. There was a gas fireplace for a bit of romance and warmth. There was a small refrigerator and the TV remote was in a clean baggie. We had a very nice stay. My only beef with the room was that the internet wasn't very fast. This was in bldg 2. The shower had good pressure, too, which is always nice.

We didn't use the pool nor did we eat breakfast there. We did look in the breakfast room, but it really didn't look all that appealing. The pastries looked like cheap Costco pastries. There were no eggs, bacon, hash browns or that type of thing. They did have a waffle maker and I'm sure the waffles were decent, but nothing really looked appealing. We never did see any cookies, either, hmm.

I still give this place four stars because I really don't expect or want to eat their food. When I'm on vacation, I want to eat at a place of local flavor, check out the town. I want a nice, clean place to stay that's hopefully in a good location and a nice part of town. This place fit the bill. It was only a block from "old town" where there are a bunch of shops, restaurants, bars, that type of thing. It was also close to a small strip mall that has other restaurants and shops, so the location is ideal.

I would recommend this place and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Roger K, General Manager at Best Western Amador Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
darago, we thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel and are so pleased that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday with us. Here at the Best Western Amador Inn we do take all suggestions in to full consideration. From everyone here we hope to see you next time and safe travels!

Thanks again,

Michele Barrett

Vallejo
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I love the in-room fireplace which makes the room very cozy. The easy walk to Main St. prevents having to drive the car and fight for parking. The Denny's right next door also has a bar which is very convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Roger K, General Manager at Best Western Amador Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Nancy H, we thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. My staff and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you the fireplace rooms are such a nice added touch to help make the room warm and cozy, especially during the cold winter months. The Denny’s restaurant is so wonderful to have on our hotel property and very convenient for our guest so, I’m very happy you were able to enjoy the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you next time!
Michele
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel needs a bit of tender, loving care to make it really great. The staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble, but it appears the owners do not want to spend cash to get it top notch, it has a run down look. Small things such as one case stand, one chair and no soap were speedily rectified by super staff. Aparently the one chair and case stand is all you are supposed to have. The hotel is in a good location at a good price but it could be so much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim L
San Leandro, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked a room at this facility for our Birthday and was supposed to have a non smoking room. Once we arrived, we were told that it wasn't and that no non-smoking rooms were available. I booked this a couple of weeks in advance, so I was none too happy. Got the room, as we were already in town and not sure if there were other places available to stay. Besides, we had plans with friends in town and plans of our own, so time was short. We got in the room, STUNK to high heaven. Now I am an ex-smoker, and my lady can deal with some smoke smell, but this was WAY BAD.
I walked up to the office and asked if they could have someone come in and spray the draoes, carpet... anything to help the odor in the room. Someone did come in and I had them spray EVERYTHING, with the deoderant spray. I mean I ihad them spray alot. Once they were done, we opened a window some and then left to get on with our plans. When we came back, it was like nothing had been sprayed at all. Terrible, is all I can say. When they go to clean the room, or re-furbish it, they will have to replace everything, the drapes, the carpet, the bedding.. EVERYTHING.
After getting back, we decided to try out the pool ( around 8 at night), and it wasn't that warm at all. I was told on the phone when I booked the room, it was heated, and it wasn't so. I mean it was okay, but not what I kind of expected. So we decided to go next door to Denny's. There was some sort of discount if you were staying at the Hotel, so we decided to take advantage of that and get something to munch and have a drink at the bar there. NOPE. Bar closed. (this was on a saturday night !!) We were told the bartender didn't come in for work, so the bar was closed, however, we could order a drink and someone would go in and make it for us. SO there we sat for sometime, waiting for service so we could order a couple of drihnks and something to eat. Tic toc, tic toc..... no service, so we decided to walk out, still not seeing anyone to help us. Terrible service at Denny's.
We talked it over and decided to go into the old part of Jackson and get a drink. We found this little hole-in-the-wall bar on Main street, called "The Main Event". GREAT, little place !!!! We ordered a couple of Long Island Teas and they were served in tall, generous galsses and the drinks were fantastic. We sat there and talked, watching the locals enjoying their nights. Reminded us of the local bar we go to..... Good music, nice people, and a good atmosphere to just chill, talk and enjoy eachother and conversation. If you are looing for a nice little place to have a cocktail, go to the Main Event !!!
The highlight of the Amador Inn, was the Continental breakfast.. The personel working there were nice enough, but could do nothing to resolve the issues we had in our room. Can't blame them, they did everything they could... Blame the owners. I will NOT stay there again, EVER

Room Tip: Look for somewhere else to stay !!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KBS60
Reno
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my go-to hotel when I am in Jackson, which is 3 or 4 times a year. Very conveniently located; walk 1 block to old town Jackson. Very nice rooms and always somebody great at the front desk. Just down the street is Mel's Diner, with a fabulous salad bar. This hotel has a nice pool and a Denny's on the property.

Room Tip: The only downside is if you get a second floor room there are no elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Ramon, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fabulous personel. Extremely helpful. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable. The included breakfast is very good. Jackson is close to Sutter Creek for an adventurous day trip. it is also very close to a great restaurant on Main st. called The Rose

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
Pioneer Inn & Suites
Pioneer Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Pioneer
Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort

Been to Best Western Amador Inn? Share your experiences!