Best Western Amador Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)
View Hotel
The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
View Hotel
All reviewsdenny's restaurantbeds were comfortablenice breakfastchecking outgreat place to stayjackson areanice stayconvenient locationgold countryhome away from homecontinental breakfastjackson rancheriasutter creekfireplacekennedyamadorhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked this motel based on other reviews I'd googled on hotels and inns in the area. I planned on staying just one night somewhere in the general area prior to a weekend vacation in Lodi just before Christmas. My search was not terribly limited either; I was looking for anything from a B&B to a major motel chain within 50 miles of Jackson. After reading other site reviews I chose Quality Inn. It was centrally located and ridiculously reasonable for a Friday night stay. I think I booked it solely on the idea of a fireplace; the fridge and microwave were great extras. The front desk staff were very helpful when I checked in, handing me the gas key and a book of matches with my room key. I didn't even know about the breakfast, so that was a nice surprise.

Quality is a chain I'm familiar with, but this particular motel had the feel of a small inn. I had a fire going all evening until I went to sleep. It was a freezing outside and the fireplace made the room so cozy and warm. I also spent my first day in the area buying cheeses and cakes at Andrae's Bakeries (which I also totally recommend!) in Amador City and Jackson so the fridge in the room came in really handy so I that didn't have to leave the perishables in my car all day in the sun. I also appreciated being able to heat up the scones I bought at Andrae's that evening in the microwave for desert. The breakfast was great early in the morning so that I could sightsee at Kennedy Tailing Wheels before the city woke up before returning to pack and leave for Lodi late morning. I would totally recommend Quality Inn and plan to return there on my next trip to Gold Country

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very clean and friendly hotel. I'm a Best Western regular and this is among my top ten. I always check the bathroom first. Very clean, no mold and toilet/shower separate from the vanity. Fridge/microwave included. Spent two days and had the free continental on the last exit day. Fresh food, clean and very open breakfast room. Con - would prefer a flat screen TV but nice just the same. Desk receptionist was very sweet and thanked me 3 times for coming. Area is nice and 40 miles from Sonora, Jamestown and Columbia. We stayed the 4th of July and enjoyed the solitude away from all the hustle bustle of the towns mentioned. Try Perkos restauarant the food is very good and reasonably priced home cooking. The Dennys is righr across from hotel and the best Dennys I've ever eaten breakfast at (And I don't like Dennys). Excellent food for the price. Would eat there again.

Room Tip: Bed mattress was a little too firm for seniors but linens were very clean and fresh. This would probably be my only exception to a quality room at a reasonable price in a breathtaking atmosphere!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gal4safety
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay the night before going to Preston Castle in Ione. I booked this room a couple of days before through hotwire.com. The room was 66.00 and with all the fees came to 84.00. (still lower than any other website price I could find.)

Upon check in the hotel desk lady was very polite and friendly, she did apologize for having to put us in a smoking room, but did put us in a room with a fireplace (100 + outside nice gesture but, didn't use)

The room didn't smell of smoke at all, was quiet and clean. The breakfast was the usual, yogurt, cereal, muffins, etc. The 15 % off a Denney's was great had dinner there. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 214, on the end, two queen beds, fireplace, faced the road, I really didn't hear any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bernice743
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Denny's restaurant being next door was the best thing about this place. The pool was full of leaves and bits, there were spiders in the room, the carpet needing hoovering and the sheets and towels, although clean,- were marked - they need changing for new! The breakfast was virtually non existant, no one seemed to be refilling when things ran out - so unless you just want waffles go next door to Denny's... there is 15% off if you show your room key!. OK for a one night stay but there must be better inns in Jackson - take a little time and find one!.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We reserved two nights in a non smoking room at this motel. When we arrived we found that the maid was still making up our room. We dropped our luggage off and left. The moment e walked into the hall that led to our room we were overcome with a smell of stale smoke. It was overpowering. Our non smoking room also smelled like smoke but not as strong. The carpets were dirty and no one knows how to clean in the corners. When we returned to our room we found that the clean sheets were not so cean. There were short black hairs all over the top sheet. It looked liked a pet had been sleeping on the bed. I do not know how that happened. the room had a general worn and tattered look to it.
I will say that the staff was friendly and helpful. When I told them the sheets needed to be changed they did it without any problem. The breakfast was just OK. My husband does like the waffles. Unfortunately the problems with the smoke and dirty sheets would prevent me from returning to this motel.

Room Tip: We stayed in building C and it was bad.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mombmw1
wyatt m, Manager at Best Western Amador Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

i would like to thank you for the reveiw sorry for any incovenance why'll you stayed with us. we are working on. taking care of the things you had mentioned.an upgrading. the property to make our guests more comfortable. hope you come stay again. thank you wyatt m