“safe non-smoking relaxation”

El Campo Casa Resort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
El Campo Casa Resort Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had the most wonderful stay with Linda & Howard who congenially helped me in so many ways.
It was a great relief for me to be protected from cigarette smoke. The garden is absolutely
divine. The pool is inviting! All the birds singing created a paradise off the freeway. The cow
pastures out my window added to the peace that I experienced here. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: ask for a room off the garden!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Pleasant 60’s era hacienda architecture nestled into hillside, room tiny but clean and reasonably maintained. Since I only slept there one night, I didn’t tour the grounds. Owner a pleasant fellow. Good if you are looking for inexpensive accomodations.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

That is,don't stay here unless you enjoy being insulted by an arrogant innkeeper and you enjoy old,rundown motels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We've stayed here several times, as my girlfriend's parents live in Pine Grove. Always quiet and clean. Affordable, clean and retro! We will stay here many more times.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Undr8d
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The place is old and dated. The owner is quick and efficient. It was $48, didn't expect a miracle. The internet worked excellent.
Room small, a bit dusty but overall clean.
We ate at Mountain Mikes Pizza, a quick walk away.
I would stay there again in the same situation.

It was dark when we got there so the garden held little value to me.

Room Tip: small room pack light
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benched45
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I found this lovely motel on the internet. We spent a night there on our way home from Lake Tahoe. We had never stayed in Jackson before, but we will definitely be back! This adorable little motel is wonderful. It reminds you of the old haciendas. I had requested a garden-level room and was most pleasantly surprised. The expansive gardens are so peaceful and soothing - we literally sat out on the lawn for at least an hour or two after checking in. And the next morning there was a flock of guinea hens wandering around the rose garden - being a lifelong city kid, I took tons of photos. The room was very clean and comfortable. The previous comments about the tiny bathrooms are accurate - but so what? The ambience more than makes up for this! We plan to return to El Campo Casa in the near future for a nice long weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank goldilocksSanJoseCA
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I loved the potential this place has. It should be remodeled into a boutique hotel. I love the grounds though they are neglected and not nurtured. The pool is also potentially fabulous, but the owners do not keep it up. There was debris all around and the patio furniture is worn and old. The shrubs were not trimmed and everything looked over grown and neglected. The lawn was not manicured and the flower beds were full of debris. If I had the money I would buy this place and remodel it to rise to its potential. I love the tericotta tile and the mission style architecture. It's just got old stuff and is lacking in decorating taste. The bed coverings are cheap and the art work on the walls is just nothing. I know its an inexpensive motel, but it has the possibilities of being such a classy place that hosts wine tastings and weddings. But in the shape it is in , it will never make it to this status. The female host was also very unfriendly. Its seemed she was almost irritated we were there. It was spooky, kind of like the bates motel greeting. It just has such charm, but its just not realized.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank libfam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Days Inn Sutter Creek
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill
Hotel Sutter
Hotel Sutter
#2 of 2 in Sutter Creek

Been to El Campo Casa Resort Motel? Share your experiences!