“Why open at all if you're out of everything!”
Review of Rosebud's Cafe

Rosebud's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2013

While visiting Jackson, four of us stopped in at Rosebud's Cafe due to it being the only restaurant on Main Street that looked decent, and more importantly open. Once seated and handed menus, we were told that they were out of the eggs benedict, the chicken, the french fries, and something else. However, "We will substitute turkey for the chicken if you wish and while looking at the menu, please enjoy our mint infused water". The group I was with could care less about infused water....what we really wanted was to enjoy a nice lunch. Most of the our selections, however, would have been created with chicken (now turkey)! Hungry...we still tried to figure out something that everyone would enjoy. However, the waitress never came back! The restaurant only had four others in it, so it wasn't as if they were overwhelmed with orders. We finally stood up after about 10-12 minutes and walked to the door. The waitress was sweeping the floor in another part of the restaurant and seemd surprised to even see us still there. We told her "Thanks, but no thanks" and left. We never could figure out why someone from the cafe hadn't run down to a store and bought fries and chicken. I'm sure one of the local stores must have had 'organic chicken' if that's all the restaurant will serve. As for us....sorry, we won't bother going back!

There are newer reviews for Rosebud's Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This place was so good. I loved the farm to table menu. I can't wait to go back again. The wait staff was super sweet but there's always room for improvement. It would have made the perfect place to eat had they anticipated our needs before we asked. The food was presented well and was cooked perfectly. I wanted to try everything!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We were driving through Jackson and happened upon this little gem of a cafe. I had a delicious omelet w/super tasty potatoes. My friend had the Philly sandwich. All food is organic and it tastes really good. Portions are large. Atmosphere is very casual. Live piano player added to Friday lunch ambiance. Waitress was slow(ish) but she couldn't have been nicer. (a real sweetie). Several vegetarian and vegan choices on menu. I highly recommend.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

First time at Rosebud's Cafe. I am a local Jackson resident but I don't get into downtown very much. I understand the place is noted for organic food and antibiotic free meat... not really important to me, maybe it should be, but its not.

Nice place. Pleasant decor. Pleasant wait staff. That day, they were serving tangerine-and-basil-infused water... quite nice actually. Most menu items were in the 9-13 dollar range, maybe a little pricey for no-table-cloth dining but not out of line really.

I had the fish and chips. I like to order things that I love but hate to cook at home. Sadly, it was much more beer batter than fish, I wouldn't have it here again. My wife had one of the burgers, perfectly done and quite tasty but nothing to rave about. Don't come here for a quick sit-down meal, they take longer than your lunch hour, all in.

Waitress, was a very pleasant young lady, cordial in every way. One of my pet peeves in a restaurant is when the person taking your is the same person that brings the food... and doesn't know who gets which dish. Jeeze I hate that. (see my review of Teresa's in Jackson). If you're gonna be a waitress, be a good one.

If a friend asked to go to Rosebuds, I'd agree. But I probably wouldn't go again of my own accord.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very un-customer friendly. Take a drive up to Frank's Cafe in Mokolumne Hill. Frank's Cafe is a delightful cafe with good old American comfort food! Trust me...it is worth the short very scenic drive.

1  Thank jacksondlz