“Excellent value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. A continental breakfast was included in the price
of the room and an excellent value. The food was good. If I visit Jackson again I will plan to stay
at this hotel again for sure. I recommend it! The only thing I would change is that the room was a bit warm and when we used the air conditioner it was rather noisy to use when sleeping.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street and we didn't hear any noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here in Dec. 2012. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Susan at the front desk was most helpful and friendly, offering to make dinner reservations for us on a busy Saturday night, and making sure we got our warm cookies when we retired for the night.
Convenient location in Gold Country. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We literally stumbled into this place at about 3 in the morning while walking across America on The Great American Walkabout. They didn't have any rooms for us then, but when people checked out at about 6 am they quickly rushed in, cleaned up, and let us check in early so we could sleep. When we got up, they told us they were upgrading us to a suite at no extra charge, and letting us stay that night too! So it ended up being less than $60 for a room and a suite.

Stephanie and Gina at the front desk were very friendly, kind, and professional, and I ended up keeping in touch with Gina for the next several months, sending her postcards from other places we visited on our walk across America. As we were leaving, we ran into the MYTHBUSTERS from the Discovery channel, who were checking into our suite as we left!

The breakfast was amazing, with eggs, bacon, and fresh cinnamon roles. They had a waffle maker, and we carbo-loaded before heading out to continue our walk across the continent. I mention them in my book, The Great American Walkabout!

Room Tip: Just ask! They have an epic suite, and if they have room they might upgrade you at no cost! Tell ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank walkabout2011
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel with outstanding customer service and a fantastic free hot breakfast this is it. I was pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail at this hotel - one of the cleanest I've seen in many years. Also, the plate of warm choco chip cookies in the lobby was a great touch. Perfect location for anything you would like to do in the Gold Country and can't beat the hospitality.

Room Tip: Even our room facing the main road was quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the hotel to be very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice and friendly. They seemed to go out of their way to be sure everything was to our liking!!! There was even a plate of chocolate chip cookies in the entry area at evening time. Vending machines were available with a good selection of goodies...my only disappointment was Pepsi not Coca Cola.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel months ago and gave a raving review. Although, I still enjoyed the accomomdations-bed comfy, great pillows, clean and staff friendly, I'm sad to say that the rear door to this hotel is still not working properly. The back door locking mechanism is broken. In other words, anyone can enter the hotel without having to be a guest. I brought this to the attention of the front desk female clerk, and rather than responding to the serious safety issues this poses, she explained how every week she puts this on the top of the maintenance list, that one of the hotel regulars (a PG&E worker) has attempted to fix it, and so on....I told her that I was fully aware of the problem since I had stayed at the hotel within the last few months. I told her that it sounded like the door needed to be replaced and she again went into the reasons/excuses on why the problem still existed. I enjoy staying at this hotel but as a female who travels solo there is a safety issue that this hotel needs to remedy fast. No more excuses, it's a door, that shouldn't be that hard to repair.

Room Tip: I'm partial to room 120, which is a handicap room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SafeGalBayAreaCA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear SafeGalBayAreaCA,

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to give feedback. It is delightful to know that you found our location and room accommodations suitable for your needs. I am sorry for the issues you encountered with the staff and some amenities not working as expected. These will be addressed and I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best means of improving what we can offer.

Once again, thank you for your review. While we understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a good place to stay for my family. The best thing about it was that they pointed us to a great restaurant that I am also reviewing! Strings! Also, we had a nice breakfast right in town as well. Their recommendations were spot on!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Best Western Amador Inn
The Historic Hotel Leger
The Historic Hotel Leger
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill
Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!