“Great HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here one night after leaving Yosemite.

I have Platinum status with IHG, so we were given an upgrade to a suite that was very comfortable. They also presented us with a goodie bag on arrival because I am a member of their Priority Club Rewards program. Very friendly front desk staff that had prepared a folio for our arrival, hence, no waiting. The room was spotless, and spacious. Breakfast was typical HIE fare, but the gentleman that was working in the breakfast area went out of his way to greet us, and assist in our needs. This is the way that all HIE properties should look, feel and be operated. stellar stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Although this hotel is not quite in the center of town, it's minutes away from everything you would want. Very clean, good hot breakfast, beds were very comfortable. Once I figured out the air-conditioning, it was fine. Wi-fi was pretty good - just had to reconnect every time I came back, for some reason. What really made this place stand out was the personnel. They all took their time to make sure we had everything we needed. We stay at Holiday Inn's often and the cookies and the goodie bag are standard from place to place. But the people here really made it shine. Especially our host at the breakfast bar. It's great to be in such a friendly place. We will definitely return again when we come back this way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in the hotel on 6/23/2012. It's location was great, easy to find, close to all the conveniences, couple minutes from Jackson historic old town, and less than 10 min from Sutter Creek old town. The room are big, clean, and nicely appointed. Bathroom was very clean as well. Wifi was free and speed was usable. Complimentary breakfast was very good, it included scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and hot pancakes in addition to the usual continental pastry types.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pochaco
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed in room 120, though this is a handicap suite, I found it met all my needs and exceeded my expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable with 2 soft & 2 firm pillows. The room was immaculate. I'm notorious for checking under beds and such for my own safety when returning to the room, and I didn't find one dust bunny anywhere & could see my reflection in the wall art. Everything from the remote control to the bathroom was clean friendly. This room faces Hwy. 49 and I am a light sleeper, but had no problems with the road noise. I think that the choices this hotel has made provides for a very comfortable stay. Front desk staff was excellent, as was cleaning and maintenance. On the 2nd night of my stay the self closing mechanism on the exit door outside my room disabled & was slamming shut. I called the front desk (after 5p.m.) & the called the maintenance gentleman & he returned to work and it was fixed promptly. Kudos to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SafeGalBayAreaCA
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Only stayed a single night, but it was a great night. Desk clerk, Paul, was efficient and very friendly. Loved the cookies that were at the desk, they sure hit the spot for a hungry traveler. Then when Paul was done with checking me in...he handed me a small white bag that contained some snacks and a bottle of cold water!

Paul gave me some great suggestions for dinner, I always like to eat at locally owned restaurants that are nearby the hotels I visit.

Room was clean, fresh and comfortable. AC was a bit louder than I would have liked, but not obtrusive.

Internet connection was pretty quick..which I liked. Allowed me to Skype with loved ones back home and get some work done.

Breakfast had a great variety to satisfy.

When next in the area, I will surely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mt3333
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a dozen times (and at Jackson Rancheria a bunch). This place is the best. Ask for a room facing the courtyard, not facing hwy 49 (it will be a bit noisy). The rooms are clean, well appointed, and very functional. The a/c works (not always true at Jackson Rancheria) - most necessary in the summer. The beds are the best (so says my wife) and the pillows terrific. And my wife likes the lighting in the bathroom (seems to be important for her); personally, I like the shower. The breakfast is standard HI Express (high carb) - since the room has a fridge, I bring my own fruit/yogurt or cereal and coffee - and grab a milk in the breakfast room. Hey, this is me - picky, picky.
We haven't tried Jackson Rancheria hotel in a year (it's undergone renovation forever) - but the a/c has been a problem and continued to be so (so, watch out for summer).

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the courtyard (it's quieter).
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DonJH
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Good location. Room a bit dated. Did not have the breakfast. Price a little high for a HI Express.

Room Tip: DEont face the road
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bosco125
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Best Western Amador Inn
#1 of 3 in San Andreas
The Historic Hotel Leger
The Historic Hotel Leger
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!