“Tim and Sharon Anniversary Trip 2013”

Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When you walk into the hotel, you are greeted by the most friendly staff around. The rooms are spacious and are very clean. The RV Park and the store are a short trip away, but at no cost, you can take the bus over. Very beautiful property and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms that face the casino have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trockyjones
Meghann K, Manager at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip.
Thank you for your kind words, we take pride in our service and are glad you saw what Jackson has to offer.
Happy anniversary and we wish you many more years of happiness.
Hotel Management

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beautiful setting. Service wonderful. Rooms very nice and roomy, and clean. Very affordable. Great location for site seeing. Jackson had Hotel, RV park, Gas station, and a general store.
Stayed 4 nights. Went out everyday to a new experience in Amador County. Came back to hotel every night. Had breakfast in Casino every morning, very inexpensive. Had a great time, ready to back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, and or terrace. Otherwise you will be looking at a wall or the roof. Ha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Amador country really is a hidden gem!
There is so much to offer, shopping, mining tours, dining, site seeing, history, gaming, etc...
We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and are so happy that your enjoyed you trip with us and enjoyed all that we have to offer.
Hope to see you again soon.
Hotel Management

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've been going to the Rancheria the past three years with our RV group, in January. Have enjoyed the stay and the park is pristine. It's new and the greenery has yet to mature, but it's one of the nicest around. It's clean, there's dog runs and walks around the park. The clubhouse is above and beyond most and a shuttle comes every 20 minutes or so to take visitors to or from the casino. Since the remodel, the buffet is great and the casino is inviting.

Room Tip: All of the sites are good whether you want a pull through or a back in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Meghann K, Manager at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review for our RV Park! It’s always exciting for us to see familiar faces and to catch up with members of the returning RV Groups. We’ll stay optimistic that a hardy diet of sun, water, nutrients and love will motivate our landscape to grow more and more beautiful each year. Hope to see you all soon; travel safely.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was nice place to stay. The people were very nice and friendly. Had a very good dinner in the casino, it was up on the roof where you can look out. They do not serve alcohol in the casino, just in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank joan251
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to the casino yesterday 6/19. I was impressed by the quality of the weekday buffet. Nothing fancy, but what was there was VERY flavorful, very tasty. And this was at 3:30 pm when the buffet closes down and the food has been sitting out a while. The senior price is $9 which makes this an even better deal. I liked this buffet better than the Sunday buffet I had six months ago when they had more specialty items and the price was higher. The bread pudding was deceptively good. It stuck to the pan and took some effort to get out. But with a little custard sauce on top, the texture and taste were excellent! I had two servings and I'm usually not a big fan of bread pudding.

My complaint: I brought my laptop with me to do some work. I was sitting in Jobo's Junction. I needed to plug-in my laptop recharger but there were no outlets in Jobo's Junction. There were outlets in the gaming areas but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to use them. So I asked a security guard if there was some place I could plug in. The guard said over near the electric scooter recharge station. So I recharged over there. Then another security guard came by and said I couldn't recharge my laptop in the casino. The guard confirmed this with her supervisor. The guard suggested that I recharge up at the hotel lobby.

What I don't understand is that the casino offers free WiFi and so you are encouraged to use mobile devices in the casino. But you aren't allowed to recharge them in the casino. That includes smartphones and tablets. I would expect the casino to want customers to stay in the casino as much as possible rather than requiring them to go to the hotel. I especially don't understand why I couldn't recharge my laptop in an area that is designated a recharging area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank markiguy
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a place that is away from the highway traffic and city noise nestled in the Piney Woods of Gold Country. Since the remodel, there is a remarkable improvement. The hotel rooms are very spacious. Our room was clean and in excellent shape. Flat Screen TV with a significant choice of stations, and new Towels that are really nice and soft. The pool is absolutely beautiful and is heated. However the best part is the Lone Wolf Restaurant located on the second floor of the Casino. The food is magnificent along with service. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of your meal. The Anti-past dish was to die for. We had the Porcini Ravioli and the Cioppino both were five star quality. Can't wait to return for another great meal.

Room Tip: If you like to sit outside and enjoy listening to a water fountain ask for a balcony room. It is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barges867
Meghann K, Manager at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review!
Being off the beaten path, really does make for a nice relaxing get-a-way .
We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the RV park. Great RV park level concrete spots slanted so that your are not aware of your neighbor. Lots of grass great views, pool and hot tubs very nice. My only complaint is with the bathroom, although they were clean, nicely tiled, there isnt a door between,the room and the outside, thus no heat or AC and possible wild animals visiting the restroom. II would have given the RV park a 5 except for, the lack of a door. All employees were nice and helpful. We are not big gamblers so the casino was just ok, we too had an issue with the fact that alcohol isnt served in the casino or in the buffet . We ate only in the buffet and it was bad. The worst fried chicken that I have ever had. Stay away from the buffet.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoAnn L

Thank you for staying with us and for all the wonderful compliments. Your observation of our detached restroom is a good one. All our other restrooms have exterior doors, as well as heat and air conditioning. It stands to reason that this one should too. We are always looking for ways to improve our park, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you’ll visit again soon. Travel safely.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Best Western Amador Inn
#1 of 2 in Pioneer
The Historic Hotel Leger
The Historic Hotel Leger
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill

Been to Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort? Share your experiences!