“I did not understand burgers before this”

The Counter Custom Burgers
Ranked #55 of 707 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Description: We’re on a mission here in our native Orange County to challenge the way people think about burgers. We’re about creative construction. We think life is about experiences. Trying stuff. Learning. Being Inventive. So we’ve searched for ingredients, chosen quality meats, inventive sauces, toasted buns, melted cheeses and blended shakes that shout flavor. Show us what you’ve got. Cheers!
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was my first time at The Counter and I did not expect to be able to design my own burger. There were so many choices that I was sure that I would screw up mine and have it come out inedible. Far from it. I had horseradish cheddar, fried egg and mushrooms on my burger but it was still delicious. I think they designed the toppings to work well in any combination, you can't go wrong. And the parmesan fries were AMAZING, probably not for the dieters but, hey, you're at a burger restaurant. My only gripe with the hype over the fried pickles which tasted like. . . .fried pickles. We ended up peeling the batter off and eating the pickles by themselves. Overall, best burger I've had in awhile.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The experience of a great meal always starts with great service. The wait staff is friendly, prompt and believers and eaters in the make your own burger concept. It can be a little intimidating to look on a menu that lists components of a burger for YOU to choose from but the wait staff is more then happy to help and explain the components and process of your burger. I strongly recommend the Bison as a starting point lean and very flavorful. A surprise to me as I am not as daring an eater as most. The other exceptional burger is their vegetarian burger. I am a daily dedicated carnivore but I had to try what a friend said was the best vegetarian burger in Orange County. A great taste with a meaty consistency. Finally I should mention their excellent sweet potato fries and their selection of micro brewery offerings paired to burgers. It is not just a meal, it can be a real experience with family and friends!

1  Thank Michael O
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Upfront, I'm a vegetarian so I had the vegan burger and it was delicious. I had my burger as part of a salad that you make yourself adding all of the ingredients such as, type of greens, onions, dressing, olives, etc. They also have a nice selection of national and local beers.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times while visiting. The veggie burger is truly the best in class, anywhere. The chicken is also delicious, as a salad or sandwich. Great desserts as well. You won't leave hungry.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went to the counter from a referral. Great food, but on the high side for pricing. The burgers are build your own. Very good. Large portion sizes, but very expensive. Service is terrific. Would go again for a special event.