“Delicious, Made the way you want it”
Review of The Counter Irvine

The Counter Irvine
Ranked #44 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just visited this burger place for the first time tonight and it was delicious. I'm not big on burger places because I do not eat red meat, but The Counter had a several options besides beef. You can get a regular beef burger, turkey, chicken, veggie, and featured tonight was a carnasada burger. You build your ideal burger from start to finish. You can even choose to have your burger on top of a salad instead of a bun. The sweet potato fries and onion straws were delicious as well. My husband also enjoyed his chicken burger. The service was great, the atmosphere is casual. I will definitely visit The Counter when I am in the mood for a burger again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is what they claim and it is actually true, at least for my experience. First I found the counter a very welcoming place. The build your own burger concept can take a bit effort if you are doing it for scratch but it actually puts the anticipation of what it is going to taste like in a whole new perspective.
I ordered the 1/3 beef with a Greek theme. This included Feta cheese, avocado, peppers, olives and a pretty tasty Tzatziki sauce.
It is definitely worth a try.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I heard about this burger joint a while back and the were 2 locations nearby and we chose to go to the Irvine location. This was is located in a big plaza with lots of other fast food restaurants. The Counter is known for their custom made to order burger. We had gone on a Saturday night around 5:30 and there was a line just to get in. It took about 20 minutes to get a table and while waiting, there was hardly room in the waiting area. It was too cold to wait outside. Out server was really friendly, explained how the menu works. Basically, you pick your patty, pick toppings, sides, etc. The food was decent, kids loved the sliders and towards the end the service went out the door because our server got busier. The place could use a little designing, they had 1 small flat screen TV on the wall and the lighting was bad (another dark place). We don't plan to go back :(. I just drove by a new location next to Ruth Chris on Michelson and I can already tell that location is much well designed and lit. We will try the new location next time we have a craving for burgers.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love this place, the food, the people, the beer........did I mention the food. My only complaint is that I hate the metal chairs.

1  Thank Kari L
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Awesome that you can build your own burger, but for that much money id expect more than just a burger