“Last minute gem”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We drove in early from Texas and of course couldn't find a hotel (that took dogs) in the central/north part of Orange County. But La Quinta Irvine had availability. I was beyond excited because of the nostalgic quality of this hotel. Being from OC I knew the history of the building and expected the train sounds. It was very nicely done. Love everything about the location. If you don't want history, location and need it to be quiet I recommend paying the obscene prices of Laguna/Newport beach. Lighten up people the train isn't that bad and our room was right over the tracks. It's all in the perspective.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the west side if you don't want to be right over the train tracks in the wareh...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place has kind staff and great, roomy rooms with nice decor and double windows that open for air or close against the train/freeway noise (with windows closed and earplugs, you can't even hear the trains). Comfy beds, good mini-fridge and microwave, a fine shower, a clean bathroom, no pet fee, no problem with our 2 dogs, enough parking, easy access to restaurants. But this was a non-smoking reservation, and the room reeked of cigarette smoke--it was in all the linens and saturated all my clothes and my own sheet that I brought. I'd give it 5 stars except for the smoky smell which followed me home and the fact that the hotel allows people to smoke right outside non-smoking rooms, so smoke comes in the fan/air conditioning unit. If the hotel steps up its non-smoking policy, this would be really fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent motel with extremely clean rooms and wonderful and helpful staff. The free breakfast served a nice variety of cereals, bagels, and yogurts as well as a waffle maker. The motel is within three minute walk to three different restaurants which meet most family needs.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a little trouble finding this La Quinta because of road construction around it (June 2014) but it is VERY convenient, just off I-5. It is an old grain mill and the building has very thick walls so we had absolutely no noise problems, but there are train tracks on one side and freeway on the other. They had a really inspired idea of turning this historic old mill into a hotel, and when you first drive up you wonder how good it can be because of the original building. But it is a wonderful hotel, and parking is very plentiful. Breakfast was ok, lots of carbs, nothing special but that's not what we were there for. We loved the hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is very unique! The suite was spacious and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The restaurants are just across the parking lot and, being right off I-5, it's very convenient to anything you want to see and do in Orange County. Anyone who stays here is in for a real treat! (Don't pay attention to reviews that complain about the rumble of passing trains--my family had no idea what those reviewers were talking about; this is probably one of the quietest hotels we've ever stayed in.)

2  Thank LaQuintaGold2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Best La Quinta Hands down. My family and I have been frequenting many La Quinta locations across Southern California for about 8 years now, as summer weekend or vacation getaways.This hotel is in one of those “old town” areas that just have so much charm. Right from the get go, our stay was pleasant: simple, easy parking and a comfortable, wonderful looking lobby with a smiling face to greet us upon check in., which was quick and easy. They accommodated my family, made sure any questions we had were answered, and just offered us great service overall. Customer service is important in any business, but it is imperative when it comes to a hotel. The rest of the staff was just as friendly, always greeting us with a smile, and seeing to anything that we needed, or answering any questions that we might have. The room was nice and spotless; seemingly cleaned every single time we came back from our activities. We truly felt at home and have already made another reservation. You guys have earned my business for a very, very long time and I just wanted to sincerely thank you for giving my family one of the best vacations we have ever had.

Room Tip: Try staying in the old concrete building it is amazing.
1  Thank MagdyInas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Unfortunately this hotel is next to a railroad (I'm talking about 20 ft away). So when I checked-in, the first thing they gave me was ear plugs. That was enough for me to know the kind of night a was going to have. It was too late at night to look for another hotel otherwise that would have been my best option to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business