“Very mediocre”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Redone vegetable processing plant sandwiched between Metroliner tracks and freeway = noisy. Plus street construction. Room was clean with a good bed. Very lame breakfast with too little seating. I won't be back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlsonce
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm just curious whose brainchild it was that thought that someone going on vacation wanted to stay in an abandoned warehouse-feeling room. Seriously?? The outside hallway looked as if it was under construction, and the room was dark and dingy with raw cement walls, exposed conduits and oh wait, a wall quilt to make it all better. It felt as if I was squatting in an old warehouse on the seedy side of town, or in a prison cell. The room appeared clean, and the bed was nice, but the decor was atrocious and has become the running joke of my company. I doubt we will ever choose LaQuinta again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Becanne7
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is mediocre and the front desk staff inflexible. I stayed for over 12 nights and they would not extend my check out time to accommodate. Had to pay for an extra night! I would look for different options in Irvine next time

• Stayed: May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Parker, Colorado, USA
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great hotel, Great location!! Rooms have been updated, nicely! Exterior needs to be updated. I thought maybe it was old inside, but was pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located for easy access to all our family orientated destinations! Will definatly return in the future!!!

A La Quinta traveler
Hartford SD
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Reviewed May 21, 2013

1  Thank grandmabarc
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while I traveled for my annual visit for my son's birthday/mother's day. I initially chose this hotel because of the location and the other good reviews. It was very easy to find right off of the 5. Warning - lots of road construction right in front of the hotel. The person at the front desk was very helpful. He apologized for the inconvenience and even gave me a choice of what floor I wanted my room on. I have to say, the rooms in the older building are different. The rooms are round with concrete walls. Very rustic. My main complaint is that the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but when I stepped through the door, the smell of stale cigarette smoke hit me like a brick. I also noticed a cigarette burn on the side of the bathtub. The toilet seat was very loose, which I did report to the front desk when I checked out. The bed was very comfortable, the sound proofing windows kept most of the noise out (which came in handy with all the construction going on) and overall I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was a plus. Make your own waffles, yogurt - the regular included breakfast stuff. The room where you eat breakfast is right next to the pool and has windows all around so eating breakfast is a pleasure and very relaxing. I would definitely stay here again, after the construction is completed of course.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Irvine hotels
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Hotel Irvine
Hotel Irvine
#6 of 22 in Irvine
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Address: 14972 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618-2100
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Irvine
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Price Range: $91 - $131 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Irvine Spectrum Hotel Irvine