“Abandoned warehouse motif--seriously???” 2 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
“Abandoned warehouse motif--seriously???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm just curious whose brainchild it was that thought that someone going on vacation wanted to stay in an abandoned warehouse-feeling room. Seriously?? The outside hallway looked as if it was under construction, and the room was dark and dingy with raw cement walls, exposed conduits and oh wait, a wall quilt to make it all better. It felt as if I was squatting in an old warehouse on the seedy side of town, or in a prison cell. The room appeared clean, and the bed was nice, but the decor was atrocious and has become the running joke of my company. I doubt we will ever choose LaQuinta again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Becanne7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is mediocre and the front desk staff inflexible. I stayed for over 12 nights and they would not extend my check out time to accommodate. Had to pay for an extra night! I would look for different options in Irvine next time

• Stayed May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great hotel, Great location!! Rooms have been updated, nicely! Exterior needs to be updated. I thought maybe it was old inside, but was pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located for easy access to all our family orientated destinations! Will definatly return in the future!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Stockton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while I traveled for my annual visit for my son's birthday/mother's day. I initially chose this hotel because of the location and the other good reviews. It was very easy to find right off of the 5. Warning - lots of road construction right in front of the hotel. The person at the front desk was very helpful. He apologized for the inconvenience and even gave me a choice of what floor I wanted my room on. I have to say, the rooms in the older building are different. The rooms are round with concrete walls. Very rustic. My main complaint is that the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but when I stepped through the door, the smell of stale cigarette smoke hit me like a brick. I also noticed a cigarette burn on the side of the bathtub. The toilet seat was very loose, which I did report to the front desk when I checked out. The bed was very comfortable, the sound proofing windows kept most of the noise out (which came in handy with all the construction going on) and overall I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was a plus. Make your own waffles, yogurt - the regular included breakfast stuff. The room where you eat breakfast is right next to the pool and has windows all around so eating breakfast is a pleasure and very relaxing. I would definitely stay here again, after the construction is completed of course.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hawthorne, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My stay was very enjoyable. Room was on the train rail side, but it didn't bother me at all, despite the rails being about 30 feet outside my window. (Incidentally, my wife said it woke her in the night but that it wasn't a deal breaker.) breakfast was nothing special as far as free hotel breakfasts go..but the staff was so helpful, so courteous that we didn't mind at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family