La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Spa
View Hotel
All reviewsgrain silomain buildinggreat parksand canyongas stationirvine spectrumcontinental breakfastclean roomsconvenient locationking bedorange countybeansilosfreewaygranaryhexagonalstructure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here under the Government Employee rate for a training class. Check in was with an incredibly non personable young man, but seemed to be without hiccup.

The room was something..uhh..different. Its an old grain storage facility that the rooms are built into, so they are slightly rounded with bare grey concrete walls, kind of like being in prison, but with flat screen tv's.

Bed was comfy, the A/C unit sounded like a 747, nd the room was OF COURSE about 40 feet away from the train tracks..NICE!!

The cool thing is there is a note about how the hotel is built on sand so it doesnt vibrate with the train, and complimetary ear plugs are available!! SWEEEET!!!

The train didnt so much bother me as the "dog friendly" floor I was apparently on. It sounded like a kennel. No kidding..woken up no less than twice a night with the yip yapping of some guys dog. I did all and complain, and guess what..same thing next night. AWESOME!!!!

Breakfast buffet was limited, waffles, bagels, juice, cereal and coffee, nothing special.

Biggest gripe was the "pool towels"..all 18" x 24" of them..I seriously thought they gave me a washcloth. The benefit was if you used their towels you got the same result as one of those salt scrubs..I left exfoliated!!

And location..."at the Spectrum"? Try somewhere in the vicinity of the city near the Spectrum. About 3 miles, or 20 minutes in OC traffic time.

Room Tip: Best advice is stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have had several occasions to stay at the La Quinta at Irvine Spectrum and I have really mixed emotions about it. I have returned which says a lot but I usually return because of the convenient location and the good price. Still, if I had a better option I would take it. This hotel is definitely not a bad place to stay but it certainly has some issues.

On the good side, the service is excellent. In my multiple visits to this hotel, I have never been disappointed by the people or their friendliness. The hotel staff are all top notch. I also find that the breakfast is really decent considering the typical thing you get for free in these kinds of places. Last, the fitness center is clean and well maintained. It's nice to be able to work out when on the road.

While rooms in the silo are very nice, the rooms located next to a train tracks are not for the average sleeper. A train passes every 30 minutes and blows its horn. I am a pretty heavy sleeper and have earplugs when the noise is really loud. Still, you can even feel the train passing at times. The rooms that are not in the "silo" are your traditional motel quality and often smell strange. Twice I have had to move rooms because they have such a poor odor.

I have no issue recommending this hotel for people looking for an affordable stay and are heavy sleepers. Just ask for a room in the "silo" and you will find this to be a quality hotel with an excellent staff, a filling breakfast and other nice amenities.

Room Tip: If you can reserve in the "silo" and ask for the rooms that are NOT on the track side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I love coming to this location. I go here for kia training. Everyone here is so nice. David is the nicest guy and VERY professional. He even gave me his own water just because I was thirsty. Don't worry it was a new unopened bottle. You barley even hear the trains and they don't even come by at night so you will rest easy. Definitely love this location

• Stayed: January 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Freight trains are going by every 30 minutes 25 yards from my window. Other than that, clean hotel and free wifi. Who builds a hotel so close to a rail line? I feel like Joe Pesci in My Vousin Vinny.

Trip advisor wants me to type 200 words so I will continue to blather about this forgettable hotel. The parking lot here is also very dark. The outside of the hotel is going through some sort of rehab, or preferably demolition.

• Stayed: January 2013