“tasty - a different fast food place”

Nalu's Island Grill
Ranked #207 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have been in town on business and have been stopping for dinner to try out the various places found at the Quail Hill Village Center by Albertson's at Sand Canyon and Quail Hill on the way back to my hotel each evening.

Tonight, I decided to try out Nalu's.

I went inside and found plenty of empty chairs and tables at 5:00 pm on a Tuesday.

I went up to the counter after looking at the menu and decided on the Tabasco Shrimp ($11) which came with 3 sides. I ordered brown rice, slaw, and steamed veggies (carrots and broccoli). For drinks, they do not offer beer or wine, so I ordered a diet coke. I told them I would eat inside.

After paying the check, they gave me a stanchion with a number and told me that they would bring my meal to me at any table I chose.

After about 10 minutes, they brought out a tray holding a plate filled with my choice.

The tabsco shrimp was smothered in a creamy sauce over the brown rice. The sauce was not overly hot. I added more tabasco sauce myself.

I thought the meal was very good and a nice option for a quick meal.

Next time I come back, I plan to try one of their fish dinners.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Irvine, California
Reviewed April 30, 2008

It's a go-to place for lunch or a relaxed munch for dinner. I would get the Hawaiian Saimin Soup, Spam or Portuguese Sausage Musubi, and the Big Kahuna burger. There's something about how the burgers taste. Could it be the teriyaki sauce they put on it? Or perhaps some secret seasoning in the meat? Whatever the case, when the cheese and meat combo in that burger hits your mouth... a smile develops. Affordable and quick.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook