“WARNING-Chicken bones in the enchiladas”
Review of Taco Rosa

Taco Rosa
Reserve with OpenTable
Taco Rosa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 658 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: El Camino Real
Description: Experience authentic Mexico City Cuisine at Taco Rosa. Our talented executive chef and creative team utilize ingredients, spices and flavors passed on through our ancestral roots ~ our Aztec, Mayan & Spanish heritage. Today these elements are fused with cutting-edge technique and innovation providing the best of 'old world' culture in a unique contemporary experience. Taco Rosa brings to you the best dishes from a variety of regions throughout Mexico, unique award winning culinary creations along with your familiar local favorites. We use natural grass fed beef for our Rib Eye Carne Asada, Angus outside skirt steak for our fajitas, enchiladas, salads and tostadas. Fresh Wild Sea Bass is featured in our entree 'Zarandeado' and also in our Ceviche. Taco Rosa features a unique 'cantina approach' which begins each morning with the daily hand squeezing of juices. We produce a supreme and unmatched line of fresh fruit margaritas, sangrias, mojitos and martinis.
Irvine, California
“WARNING-Chicken bones in the enchiladas”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My mother and law and I came here for lunch last month. We had enjoyed the food here in the past but this time it was horrible! I went to take a bite of my enchilada and encountered an inch and a half long piece of chicken bone which I promptly spit out. Lucky I didn't crack a tooth on it or choke. Turns out there was another chicken bone in the remaining part of the enchilada too. This is just sloppy, dangerous food preparation. The waiter was apologetic and wanted to make sure I was uninjured by the incident. He sent the manager over to talk to me. The manger offered to get me something else to eat but I said no thanks I'd had enough. After that he just walked off as if this was an everyday occurrence. It was a scary experience and the manger didn't even offer to comp the meal. Needless to say I won't be going back to Taco Rosa and I would caution anyone ordering something with chicken in it to watch out for bones. Too bad, as I used to like this place but not any more.

• Visited July 2013

Pleasant Hill, California
“Great taco Tuesday dinner there tonight!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a deal Taco Tuesday is. Ordered the special taco Tuesday menu tonight and it was excellent, not to mention the margaritas. I recommend that you stop by and try it.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Great food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This food is not typical overly greasy Mexican food. The black beans are delicious, the free appetizer was quite good (sopa?) and the entrees are fresh and much healthier than the usual fare. I will go back.

• Visited May 2013
Tustin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Taco Rosa not only has a great food, but a fantastic, ecletic selection of mexican dishes! The design of the restaurant is very stylish and has a very cool vibe. In addition, their bar is excellent as well with a very large selection including many types of margueritas, my favorite drink!

• Visited February 2013
So Cal
“Great fresh Mexican food!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

if you want a really GREAT Mexican restaurant to go to, this is it. This is not your typical "gringo" place where every item is covered in cheddar cheese. Their salmon tacos are to die for, the best ceviche I have had. The only thing I ever had that I did not like was a bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer and the bacon did not seem cooked enough. But other than that, everything is fantastica. They do have a buffet brunch on Sunday, which is good, but the only thing is they have a mariachi band that is so LOUD. The atmosphere is like you are at a Mexican resort.

Visited April 2013