“Not Your Typical Mexican Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taco Rosa

Taco Rosa
Reserve with OpenTable
Taco Rosa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 643 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: El Camino Real
Description: Experience authentic Mexico City Cuisine at Taco Rosa. Our talented executive chef and creative team utilize ingredients, spices and flavors passed on through our ancestral roots ~ our Aztec, Mayan & Spanish heritage. Today these elements are fused with cutting-edge technique and innovation providing the best of 'old world' culture in a unique contemporary experience. Taco Rosa brings to you the best dishes from a variety of regions throughout Mexico, unique award winning culinary creations along with your familiar local favorites. We use natural grass fed beef for our Rib Eye Carne Asada, Angus outside skirt steak for our fajitas, enchiladas, salads and tostadas. Fresh Wild Sea Bass is featured in our entree 'Zarandeado' and also in our Ceviche. Taco Rosa features a unique 'cantina approach' which begins each morning with the daily hand squeezing of juices. We produce a supreme and unmatched line of fresh fruit margaritas, sangrias, mojitos and martinis.
Riverside, California, United States
“Not Your Typical Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I think of Mexican restaurants i think of tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. unless of course you are going to Javier's or a really high end Mexican restaurant. My friend said, "you'll like this place, it is not your typical Mexican restaurant." He was spot on! Our server Anthony was the caliber of a fine dining restaurant, well groomed, polite, gave recommendations. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu offerings, Osso Bucco, Alasakan Salmon, etc. Upon Anthony's recommendation, I ordered the salmon which came on a bed of fresh spinach with black beans and mushrooms, it was beautifully preseneted and the quality and taste were supurb! My friend had the Carne Asada which he said was excellent and considered it one of his favorite meals to order again. It was my first time at the Irvine (Tustin Market) location and i am looking forward to visiting the Newport Beach address. Nice job!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sharon S

Barcelona
“Up and down. Not a good second experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Taco Rosa for lunch on Saturday. Had been there once before and had been reasonably impressed with the lunch. That was about 2 months ago.
This time was a total waste. I ordered a sangria which was very good the first time. This time it was awful and tasteless. I kept asking the waiter what was going on and he kept saying nothing had changed.
Both my wife's chile rellanno and my carne asada burrito were just not good or flavorful. For the price just not what you would expect.
Very disappointing.
Gaby's in Orange much better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elridder
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had lunch there today for the first time. Drove by on many occasions but never had the opportunity to stop in. Decor was nice, wait staff friendly and prices were reasoable. I had the grilled salmon fillet which was cooked a little over done but still pretty tasty along with rice and beans and warm tortillas. My friends had the lobster enchiladas which looked great, sorry I did not do the same they looked that good. I will reserve a higher rating until I have the chance to go again and try something different. Until then, it gets a "good" rating.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cooch6582
Chicago, Illinois
“Upscale Mexican dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

By far one of the best upscale Mexican restaurants I have been to in awhile. Being a Friday night, it was a little busy but nothing a few drinks at the bar couldn't handle. After one of their margaritas, I was good and ready for a great meal of Mexican food.

I highly recommend the specials as my girlfriend had one of them and I another. Mine was the Red Snapper dish which was nothing short of amazing. To be honest, I do not remember everything that came with it other then the usual beans and rice. Either way though, it was awesome!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MrInternational702
Irvine, California
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

this place has great food, the service is good, the prices are reasonable. I reccomend eating here. if your in orange county and you want good mexican food, this is a great option.

• Visited June 2012