“Perfect Christmas feast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gulliver's

Gulliver's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulliver's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 647 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Irvine, California
“Perfect Christmas feast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Gulliver's is the most festive place to have a holiday dinner. This place is known for their Prime Rib. During the Christmas season the place is decked out in wonderful traditional Christmas fare that emphasized the English Pub atmosphere. The food is good, not fabulous but if you like Prime Rib this is a must. The wine list is nice but not too exotic.

• Visited December 2011

Irvine, California
“one of my dads favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

good wholesome food. large portions. the decor is really old time and there's dim lighting. good place to get some english food.

las vegas, nv
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Dinning at Gulliver’s on Christmas Eve sounded like it would be charming surrounded by all of the beautiful decorations in the restaurant. We had reservations for six at 6:00 and arrived promptly. The restaurant was packed. We had to wait for our table, couldn’t get to the bar to get a before dinner cocktail, so we sat in the waiting area. We were finally seated at 6:45. There was very little room between tables; they had added all of the tables they could find. None of the chairs at our table matched, so you know they were using every chair they could find. Only one starter was ordered, the shrimp cocktail. I tasted it and found the shrimp to be well prepared and the sauce tasty (with the addition of some extra horseradish). I ordered the prime rib (they are noted for their prime rib), with a side of mashed potatoes. I tasted the potatoes first and found they weren’t hot, they were barely warm. When I started on the rest of the meal I was really disappointed. The beef was nearly well done, I ordered medium rare, and nothing on the plate was hot. I told our server to take everything back and just take it off our check. She sent the manager over who apologized. I suggested to him that perhaps his kitchen was over-whelmed by the number of guests that evening. He assured me that wasn’t the case that they served that many all the time and that once in awhile something sat under the heat lamps too long. They took the meal off our check and sent me over an
English trifle (I can’t recommend the trifle, either). The Long Island Duckling was moist and the skin crisp, so there were some good things on the table. If they are used to the number of diners who were there Christmas Eve and put up food like I had, I can only give them two stars.

• Visited December 2011
Torrance, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, every other feature disappointing :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Food , (crabcakes, steak, prime ribs), all served cold and appeared to be commercial grade and fatty :( ...They are less pricey then 2 major steakhouses close by,,, but evidentally you get what you pay for :(

• Visited November 2011
Otero County
“Ribs are not what you think, Prime rib is really good though.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I don't recommend the rib combination, the pork ribs tasted a day old, the roasted chicken was bland, I will say the twice baked potato, the bread and cream corn were pretty good, the food just seemed it was prepared the day before, I rate these ribs a 4 on a 10 scale. Chili's has much better ribs.