“Great Prime Rib and Excellent Service!!”
Review of Gulliver's

Gulliver's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulliver's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 670 Restaurants in Irvine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Got a Groupon for this restaurant and although have driven by it many times ,we had never eaten there. My wife and I went today as our Groupon was expiring and WOW was it good!!
They are apparently known for their Prime Rib and it was superb!! As good as I have had any where in the world, including Lawrys or the Nines in Vegas!! In this economy we have not been eating out much, but I would pay full price to eat here again.
The portions are huge , my wife and I split a Prime Rib dinner and it was more than enough.
I cook so I am picky about every thing and the au jus , horseradish, bread, wine, dinner etc. and side dishes were all up to my standards and that is really rare.
I highly recommend this restaurant for a special place to eat as the food is not "health" food you want to be eating every day and is on the higher side price wise, although with the Groupon it was a gift!!
You will not be disappointed!! Check out their Menu on the website and decide what you want before you go. The place itself is very kool as well, Old English decor, very nice all and all.

1  Thank Horseracer21
There are newer reviews for Gulliver's

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I did not want to go here this evening, but my colleague insisted. I'm sitting here at midnight with indigestion, so might as well write a review. I've gone to this place with a business colleague for years. The place has seriously deteriorated in every way. The food is lousy and the tables so worn, it looks like they are planning to go out of business. Sad, this was once a great place for a steak. Recommend you try Ruth Chris Steakhouse about a half mile away on Michelson. Service is good, bread is good, that's about it.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

My wife and I went into this restaurant at about 8:50 PM one night while I was in Irvine on a business trip. Being a British themed pub we expected a bit of British fare. There is an extensive wine list and their exotic European ales consist of Stella and Newcastleonly. The food selection looked decent enough but we never go to the ordering bit. We decided to overlook the lack of continuity between atmosphere and food, And after ordering the appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip and a beer each the waitress proceeded to ask us 3 times for our dinner orders before getting through half of the bread pieces. We thought this a bit strange when the restaurant didn't close for another hour, and it was not busy so there was no risk of needing the table.
Then when my wife needed to run out to the car for something and proceeded toward the door the waitress told her the doors were locked and she would have to go out onto the back porch if she needed to smoke (which my wife does not). Needless to say that was a bit of an embarrassment and so I immediately called for the check. When we did get the bill paid, the waitress was suddenly all smiles when the corporate card came out and wished us a nice evening. We did note on our leaving that the door was not at all locked.

2  Thank FDPTx
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This was a return trip for my husband and I having eaten there about a year ago. We live about 40 minutes away from Gulliver's. Our first experience with Gulliver's impressed us so much that we brought a couple of friends to this place for dinner last week. Unfortunately, it was disappointing this time around. Service was ok but food quality has definitely declined. We had ordered medium rare prime ribs all around since that's what impressed us on the last visit. What we got was overseasoned, overcooked, pale looking meat with the meat around the bones still uncooked. The sauteed mushroom was so salty that I couldn't swallow more than 2 bites. We ate what we could and doggy bagged the rest for my dog at home. Will not return again.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

The prime rib is a MUST... and their cream of corn... THE BEST! Highly recommend it.