“Delicious!”

Gina's Pizza & Pastaria
Ranked #416 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: From Italy with Love! Serving delicious Sicilian style pizzas, pastas, salads & sandwiches for over 40 years. Started in Corona del Mar, CA by Gina Costa, we still faithfully honor Gina's recipes and traditions. Slow cooking all of our dishes and sauces from the finest ingredients and making almost all of our recipes from scratch. Gina's Pizza & Pastaria Irvine opened in 2001 and was remodeled in 2016. Gina's features a beautiful outdoor patio that seats 45 and pub style seating adjacent to our 16 craft beer taps. We constantly rotate our craft beer selection and offer both familiar favorites and some hard-to-get selections. Gina's Irvine offers takeout & delivery, 7 days a week. We also offer catering for larger parties. We hope when you dine with us you will be nourished and inspired to enjoy life to the fullest, as Gina did. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stopped in here to meet friends for dinner on a Tuesday night. You may think it is a pizza take out place, well it is, but so much more! Great table service inside and out on a large patio. We shared their wings for appetizer which were some of the best my husband has ever had. Then we went on to share a Cesar salad which was very good. Most importantly the pizza! We ordered two thin crust and they were both great! The crust was thin but held the ingredients and did not get soggy.
According to my husband the craft beers on tap were a great addition too. Overall excellent experience!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I went here to meet a friend for a fundraiser for her school. Not even expecting to find that they carry a great variety of craft brews. I'm not a beer expert but I do appreciate a good craft beer. They have a tiny bar in the back where they carry several craft beers on tap. They switch them up every few weeks or so. We ordered a small pizza with 2 toppings and a small garden salad for dinner. This was more than enough for two people and we even had 2 slices left over. The garden salad was very good, it had garbanzo beans aside from the usual tomato, lettuce, purple onions and peperoncinis. The pizza was really good too, lots of cheese and good amount of toppings. The staff was friendly and attentive. From the cashier who suggested the bar, the bartender who suggested beers, and even the busboy who told us to come back soon and try their Wednesday pasta deal, wings and sandwiches. We even got a free warm chocolate chip cookie and I'm really not a sweets lover but this cookie was pretty darn good!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I looked for something Italian on Trip Advisor when we were leaving the Irvine Museum. It was a little further than I thought, but I like to support local (I think this is local, but now sure)l. It was also a lot more "casual" than I expected. The gentleman at the counter seemed like he was totally bored and would rather be elsewhere. He did not get that I had ordered a salad (along with our pizza). The pizza was good (not the best), but my salad was excellent. We were with another couple, both of who had sandwiches. One had meatball and the other had pastrami. The meatball sandwich was apparently "so so" & the pastrami was fairly good. Probably won't be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The pizza is great, but one of the best feature is that a person can purchase a single slice however they want it. Though the single slice is available all the time, the restaurant has lunch specials that include combinations, such as a slice, salad, and drink for less than $10 (note, they are BIG slices). Other good dishes are the meatball sub and tomato soup (made thick and comes with garlic bread). It's a great place to take friends or to get takeout for oneself.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent pizza, tomato soup, antipasto salad and service. Good value A very nice outdoor patio seating area but the inside is good too.